Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
I'm in the middle of The Zombie Diaries on DVD. So far, it's pretty good. I like zombie films anyhow, and this one being set in England gives it an added edge for me. Basically it comprises footage taken by people during and after the outbreak of the zombie plague, supposedly discovered later on. Sounds a bit Blair Witch when you describe it, except it's actually watchable, convincing, and the person wielding the camera doesn't appear to have been drunk and standing on some sort of vibrating plate most of the time.

Before that, I watched 48 weeks later. Although advertised with the tagline "After 28 days...", it has nothing to do with that franchise. Essentially it's a cheaply made, crappy zomibe movie set among rival gangs in LA - Zombies in the Hood, if you will. An entertaining B Movie. File under "If Ed Wood had been a gangsta rapper..." Tellingly, the included trailers for other films from the sane distributor are predominantly rip-offs of the titles of other, big budget films - Snakes on a Train being a prime example.

On Friday night, I finally saw all of Tommy. Quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen - simultaneously the last word in pretension and perhaps the dullest film I have ever seen. Enough creative content for a 15 minute short, stretched out to ninety minutes or whatever. It would have been far better served by including a large amount of dialogue instead of much of the music, as the same narrative ideas could have been communicated far more concisely. Tedious, tedious, tedious: the point at which the Who stopped being rock and roll and became something much less exciting.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
The last BW movie was " After the thin man ", the last color was "Merrill's Marauders ". Amy Trogg ?!! I remember watching that when it came out ! It's about a Caveman right ? I was but a mere lad but remember that flick well.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I just watched La Reine Margot for the third time, and I could very well watch it again! Everyone is so amazing, and the gowns on Isabelle Adjani are just stunning.

Margot02.jpg

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
"Lady in Cement". Frank Sinatra as Tony Rome with Raquel Welch and, oddly enough, Dan Blocker.

I couldn't sleep so I got up at 2:30 yesterday morning. This came on at 3am and I very much enjoyed it.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
When Kahn stands in a plaid suit in front of her matching plaid car I always lose it.

Gee, I miss her!
She was great in every role I saw her in but with Mel Brooks she was perfect!
I especially liked her in "Young Franenstein" too.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
When Kahn stands in a plaid suit in front of her matching plaid car I always lose it.

Gee, I miss her!
She was great in every role I saw her in but with Mel Brooks she was perfect!
I especially liked her in "Young Frankenstein" ,too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe