Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Grand Theater

I'll be seeing a restored print of Jaws at the wonderful State Theatre this afternoon. It's the first in over 20 years the theatre has screened movies. I'm really looking forward to it.
425ccc25-61e7-49e8-863c-36bb8751eee7_1_gen.jpg

Oh Loly, you are s lucky! Our last theater in the grand style, the Chief, was torn down to make way for a stupid bank parking lot. Please, every one, take a look at the sight on Lolly's post. it is great, you can get a 360 view of every part of the theater.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Ditto, The Dark Knight Rises. A very complex film that I'm still digesting.

Nolan is, I think, one of the finest directors out there at the moment. He's very old school, still shoots on film, won't film in 3D (hurrah!) and shoots all his own stuff rather than delegating it to an AD. I wish there were more like him out there.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I refused to watch that as the trailers were awful. My neighbor and wife both made me watch it and I'm glad I did. It was a great movie. Represented very poorly by the studios. I hate that.

My husband was not keen on watching it but really enjoyed it in the end - I thought it was a great movie (a lot of positive reviews from the FL spurred me on to renting it) - fantastic performances, a great story both funny and very sad - I was so upset at the end of movie - the first time I have cried at a mainstream movie in years and years.

My husband was not keen on watching it but really enjoyed it in the end - I thought it was a great movie (a lot of positive reviews from the FL spurred me on to renting it) - fantastic performances, a great story both funny and very sad - I was so upset at the end of movie - the first time I have cried at a mainstream movie in years and years.
The only crying I do at the main studio flicks is pondering the $100 it cost me to take four people with snacks lol

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
The only crying I do at the main studio flicks is pondering the $100 it cost me to take four people with snacks lol

I hear ya - put it this way, the last movie I saw in the cinema was Zodiac - it's rentals all the way since - quite possibly one of the reasons we could afford a complete refurb on our home! ;)

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Nolan is, I think, one of the finest directors out there at the moment.

A friend in my squadron was getting married. They had a card out and everyone was signing it. A mutual friend, instead of writing, "Best Wishes", etc, wrote: "Dude, I just got "Batman Begins" on blu-ray. It's fantastic! God bless Christopher Nolan!"

Last movie I saw in a theater? Who knows. What with a almost-two-year-old at home, and other one on the way, I'm pinching my pennies and being very selective what I see on the big screen. Netflix or renting is cheaper.

I hear ya - put it this way, the last movie I saw in the cinema was Zodiac - it's rentals all the way since - quite possibly one of the reasons we could afford a complete refurb on our home! ;)
Well played I'd say. We opted for a huge LED TV and DirecTV along with a nice Blu-Ray player. Most of the theater visits are work related for my wife and thankfully, free. I despise dealing with rude people in theaters. So I'd rather enjoy at home.

Well played I'd say. We opted for a huge LED TV and DirecTV along with a nice Blu-Ray player. Most of the theater visits are work related for my wife and thankfully, free. I despise dealing with rude people in theaters. So I'd rather enjoy at home.

Agree 100% with you on dealing with rude people. It isn't the cost of going as much as it is the selfish behavior of others.

Agree 100% with you on dealing with rude people. It isn't the cost of going as much as it is the selfish behavior of others.
Yep. Happened last night too at the Ringo show. Thought it was going to end with a bit more than just "talk". Luckily, the annoying little gnat thought better of it and left. Not worth the money and grief, sadly.

Yep. Happened last night too at the Ringo show. Thought it was going to end with a bit more than just "talk". Luckily, the annoying little gnat thought better of it and left. Not worth the money and grief, sadly.

That is part of the problem, I don't want it to escalate to the point where I have to end it. I have too much that is way too important to me, to lose. Fortunately, heretofore, the Idiots have peacefully acquiesced to my wishes.

LizzieMaine

Bartender

You've got bandits out there. Four adults can see a show at our place for $34 total, plus throw in $10.50 for two large popcorns (our large is enough for two people), and you spend less than fifty bucks for the evening. One more reason to forget about the big corporate theatres and patronize your neighborhood indie house instead.

You've got bandits out there. Four adults can see a show at our place for $34 total, plus throw in $10.50 for two large popcorns (our large is enough for two people), and you spend less than fifty bucks for the evening. One more reason to forget about the big corporate theatres and patronize your neighborhood indie house instead.
We have a cool $1 theater, but it's old (which is cool) but not great. Shabby screens and sound, but they get just out of main theater movies. And some snacks $1 too. That's fun, but not always desirable.

If only we had one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe