Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Horse Feathers with the Marx Brothers. Haven't seen it in years.

"Everyone say's I love you... the cop on the corner and the burglar too...." Yeah you know the rest!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
MisterCairo: Because the love story aspect was of no interest to JRRT, but Arwen giving up her Elvish life for Aragorn, representing the end of the Elves and the start of the age of Men, was.

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Last night we watched Hugo. Now I understand why it got so many nominations. Very good story I think we can watch again and again. Now I want to read the book.
1123-Film-Review-Hugo_full_600.jpg

You see Ben Kingsley in roles like this and lets say Gandhi, and it makes you wonder why he ever takes on crap roles like in Sound of Thunder or Species. One would think that he has the pick of the litter when it comes to movie roles.

Christopher Lee was splendid as always in this story.
hugo-19.jpg

I think I'm going to shape my mustache & beard like this. Totally dig on it.
8n6xU5lgaI7HDZVXJWSjmN8j1d1.jpg

If you look carefully you will see actors playing Django Reinhardt, Salvaror Dali & James Joyce.
And Sacha Baron Cohen is in one of his better roles that I can actually stand him in.
hugo-sacha-baron-cohen.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Double Indemnity (1944).
I am always surprised by the scene where Fred MacMurray's character is
served a beer with a glass on a tray in his car at a Drive-In restaurant.
Times have changed.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Double Indemnity (1944).
I am always surprised by the scene where Fred MacMurray's character is
served a beer with a glass on a tray in his car at a Drive-In restaurant.
Times have changed.

Yeah, I always get a kick out of that, too. I also find it amusing that Phyllis' house is supposed to be on Los Feliz Blvd, since no part of Los Feliz is on that type of hill (looks more like Pasadena). Have you ever listened to either the Lux Radio Theater or Lady Esther radio versions? In the former, Joseph Conrad plays Keyes. Both are pretty good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe