Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I re-watched one of my favourites, Cold Comfort Farm. A John Schlessinger tv film so popular they released it theatrically shortly after. Stella Gibbons's novel was the basis. Set in 1930s rural Surrey, it's a great blend of social satire, romance and off-beat comedy. The interiors of an art deco London flat leave me gasping!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112701/

The cast is unreal - Kate Beckinsale in the only good role in the only good movie she's ever done, Miss Flora Poste ("Miss Poste, or Miss Flora, if you want to be completely feudal!"). Ian McKellan as Amos Starkadder, Rufus Sewell as the brooding, over-sexed Seth Starkadder. Stephen Fry as the haplessly in love with Flora Mr. Mybug. Miriam Margolies, Eileen Atkin, everyone one perfect for their roles!

It's brilliant. Great fun!

I saw something nasty in the woodshed!

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I didn't even know that was available for public viewing. As a big Stooges fan, I've got to seek that out...

Best Buy has a Stooges Set,
746868586d4c6f7a356357794e745343626351-149x149-0-0.jpg
I got it for 20 bucks.

Includes Movies (Including Kook's Tour) and Cartoons. My favorite is Malice In The Palace.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I love Shemp as well.

Its so funny, when they cut into their food and the dog squeals!

Just a word of warning, Kook's tour isn't really... up to snuff... as old men they weren't as limber and quick as they were in their older movies, I own it as a novelty, not really for enjoyment.

DNO

One Too Many
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. My favourite John Ford cavalry flick. John Wayne looks great in a moustache and I've always enjoyed Ben Johnson's performance. Besides...it's got Victor McLaglen. How can you lose! Although I always feel a bit sorry for John Agar...he's so outclassed in this film, but he tries hard.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. My favourite John Ford cavalry flick. John Wayne looks great in a moustache and I've always enjoyed Ben Johnson's performance. Besides...it's got Victor McLaglen. How can you lose! Although I always feel a bit sorry for John Agar...he's so outclassed in this film, but he tries hard.

I'm right there with you! Ben Johnson is tops! A side from Wayne's portrayal of Rooster Cogburn, Johnson's portrayal of Sgt. Tyree is the only recurring character in a John Wayne movie ever!

I think that say's something for the man! Audiences loved him!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Cat and the Canary (1939) with Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard. John Beal got billing right beneath Bob and Paulette, but I'm not familiar with his work. George Zucco plays a rather straight-forward character rather than some sinister doctor or maniac.

It's the folks stuck in the old dark house story. The film shows its stage roots, only opening up a little in secret passages, some exteriors, and so on. Hope plays the persona he did so well, the coward who can't hold a bluff when the goings get spooky or deadly. Some good laughs along the way and solid characterizations throughout the cast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe