Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
The Untouchables, again. I hadn't realized that the costumes were by Giorgio Armani! Kevin Costner's acting was wooden, I'm not surprised he's not around much anymore. Sir Connery blows him away without even trying.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
"....end of song, beginning of story....." Greatest opening line to a movie ever, especially when delivered by Mr. Louis Armstrong. "High Society," the musical remake of the "Philadelphia Story," is a great favorite at our house, which is how we ended up watching it--again--last nigh.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Sucker Punch.

It was nothing special. The music was decent, however, in that the songs were 80s classics redone in a moody yet aggressive manner. The one part I liked was near the beginning when an Eurythmics tune is playing while the lead is brought into Lennox Asylum. That was clever.

Of course my teenage sons loved the film ... half-nekkid 20 yr old girls have that effect, I suppose.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
The Natural
[video=youtube;54-6yimtjtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-6yimtjtA[/video]
This was the last movie my grandfather took me to at a theater. I remember how even he choked back a tear at the end. Now I can't help but tear up when I see it or hear the music... After all it's me and Grandpa's movie!

Last edited:

Effingham

A-List Customer
Shadow of the Hawk. I have never seen so much ugly 70s clothes, hair and cars in one place since I lived through it.:eusa_doh: The movie was ok though. [huh]

This gives me flashbacks to "WKRP in Cincinatti" -- a great show with bad clothes. Oh, Herb Tarlick....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Legend of Lizzie Borden with Elizabeth Montgomery.
Lizzie Borden took and axe and gave her father 40 whacks...now I got that song in my head!
Sorry, it was her mother that got 40, her dad got 41...now that I've seen the film again.
Montgomery did a great job in this film, at least I think so.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[video=youtube;mBzwYsk7YnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBzwYsk7YnQ&feature=related[/video]

Effingham

A-List Customer
The Rapture. Very interesting film.
[video=youtube;P8f8MTLc6NY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8f8MTLc6NY[/video]

Last edited:

JWS34

New in Town
Made for German TV movie Dresden. It features a contrived romantic plot, but I thought it had decent production values.

harty

New in Town
Just saw Captain America: the First Avenger in the theater a couple of weeks ago. Some great looking 40s era clothing.

Just got Casablanca in the mail from Netflix. An all time favorite, even for this jaded 35 year old.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Inglorious Basterds. Entertaining, but I don't know what to make of it given the historical inaccuracies at the end (I won't include spoilers). I feel the ending takes away from the body of the film. It was a rental, probably won't be added to our collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe