Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Strange said:
I don't know about it being Albert Finney's finest performance - the man has done some really outstanding work over the years: The Entertainer, Tom Jones, Two for the Road, Scrooge, Miller's Crossing, Washington Square, Erin Brockovich, Big Fish, Amazing Grace...

Don't get me wrong, he's done some great stuff, it's purely my own personal opinion. For me his portrayal of Churchill was close to acting nirvana.

Miss Golightly, I still haven't seen "The Road" and in some ways I'm a little hesitant. I simply loved the book and so I'm sure the movie won't be able to come close to that. Saying that, what did curiosity do to the cat? ;)

Dan'l

Practically Family
Too much Holmes

I can't seem to watch Sherlock Holmes enough (the new one). I really like the suits the gents wear in the fim, especially Watson's outfits.

From Hell, with Johnhy Depp, is another favorite. Again the suits they are wearing are really nice in my opinion.

Feraud

Bartender
SkullCowboy said:
Murphy's War with Peter O'Toole. Just added it to my DVD collection.
I love this one. :eusa_clap

John in Covina said:
The Hurt Locker - a reminder of the harshness of the lives of those deployed in the Middle East.
We just watched this one too. A very well done film about the stress and confusion of this aspect of war. I thought the casting, especially the "name" actors in limited roles was a great choice. Bigelow deserved the AA.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Smithy said:
Miss Golightly, I still haven't seen "The Road" and in some ways I'm a little hesitant. I simply loved the book and so I'm sure the movie won't be able to come close to that. Saying that, what did curiosity do to the cat? ;)

If you do see it please do let us know what you think of it!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching "Tom Horn" starring Steve McQueen. I think this is a great western, based on true events and one of McQueens last movies.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Broadway Melody, with Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor, Robert Benchley, George Murphy, Buddy Ebsen, Sophie Tucker, and a very young Judy Garland. Highlights- Powell and Murphy's dance through Central Park, Judy's singing "You Made Me Love You" to Clark Gable's photo, the montage of Taylor trying to get backing for his show, the scene from the Broadway show where the dancers and singers sing about "Broadway rhythm" and "Gotta dance," clearly the inspiration for the epic production number in Singin' in the Rain, and, finally, Powell's spectacular dance at the end.

Panache

A-List Customer
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

It has been a few years since I revisted Peter Jackson's movies. They have held up well and are wonderful entertainment (except for the bits with Liv Tyler as Arwen)

Cheers

Jamie

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Iron Man 2
It was fun, and the teaser after the credits was rad!
This was a movie about Tony Stark, but I do wish they had shown more emotion with him. Especially in his dealings with Pepper, instead of an overblown Mom kid relationship.

Mickey Rourke was awesome, and his Russian accent was really good!
It was fun seeing SHIELD begin to fold itself in to Stark's world where he realizes hes not the largest thing on the planet.

LD

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
Iron Man 2
It was fun, and the teaser after the credits was rad!
This was a movie about Tony Stark, but I do wish they had shown more emotion with him. Especially in his dealings with Pepper, instead of an overblown Mom kid relationship.

Mickey Rourke was awesome, and his Russian accent was really good!
It was fun seeing SHIELD begin to fold itself in to Stark's world where he realizes hes not the largest thing on the planet.

LD

Nuts! I forgot to stay for the credits! But we went to the late show of Ironman 2 Saturday night and had two tired kids to get home, so I completely forgot.

I liked it. I see a resemblence in the dialogue with Stark and Pepper to Grant and Russell in His Gal Friday.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorite Films Noir, Where the Sidewalk Ends, with Dana Andrews and Gene Tierney. Andrews is near-perfect in his portrayal of a jaded detective (what other type of detective is there in a Film Noir?) who kills a suspect, falls in love with his widow, and then tries to frame someone else so that her father won't wrongfully be convicted for the murder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe