Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

High Pockets

Practically Family
The Man Who Wasn't There

The Coen brothers,.....have always marched to the beat of a very different drummer.
And it worries me a bit to think that I'm beginning to enjoy most of their work.

Feraud

Bartender
High Pockets said:
The Man Who Wasn't There

The Coen brothers,.....have always marched to the beat of a very different drummer.
And it worries me a bit to think that I'm beginning to enjoy most of their work.
Why worry? Enjoy the vision that is Coen. :)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Away We Go: very enjoyable, slow burning, excellent acting.

Messrine vol I and II: two great modern French films. Vincent Cassell was excellent. Great style, a real homage to classic French cinematography.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Marcus said:
ZULU!!!!

1964....Michael Caine's first starring role.

Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead. Great movie! I'm going to have to buy the DVD.

Watching "Walk Softly, Stranger" with Joseph Cotton, on TCM right now.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Marcus said:
ZULU!!!!

1964....Michael Caine's first starring role.

What a great action story. Of course, if you're the Zulus, you might have a different perspective on the events.

Nonetheless, this is one of my favorites. My cousins and I saw it at the movies double billed with 55 Days at Peking. What a combo!

Now if we can just get 55 Days... on dvd-

Corto

A-List Customer
Just finished "Action in the North Atlantic" starring Humphrey Bogart. The film is about the Merchant Marine ferrying supplies to Europe before America was in WWII. (A little trivia: The screenplay was written by one of the pioneers of deep sea diving technology. )

I also just finished "South Sea Woman" starring Burt Lancaster. Great film. Lancaster was a hell of a tough guy in his prime.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
They showed "The Falcon Out West" on the telly here last night which I thoroughly enjoyed.

He's a dapper old chap that Tom Conway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe