Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
We watched 'The Shadow of the Thin Man' on Saturday & then on Sunday we partook of my all time favorite warm & fuzzy feel good film 'The Holiday'(2006). I think it's the only film I actually like Jack Black's acting in.
I'm utterly amazed that they built that cottage from scratch & made it look like it's been there for 100 years. It has a great cast of character including Eli Wallach as Arthur Abbot. And, he is still making films at the age of 94. Very impressive indeed.

Cheers!

Dan

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Judge Hardy and Son, with Mickey and the gang. This time we have Emmy Hardy's life-threatening bout of pleurisy compounded with pnuemonia. Rather heavy goings for this series, but mom pulls through.

Mickey Rooney continues to deliver the goods; he amazes me with his performances. Only he had the energy and personality to bring the character to life.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Merle Oberon...

I also caught The Lion Has Wings (1939) with her and Ralph Richardson last night. Done more documentary/propaganda film like it gave a good view & cross section of life in Great Britain in the late 1930's. Fairly well done. Finally there was Wuthering Heights (1939) with again Sir Laurence Olivier, David Niven & Geraldine Fitzgerald. It was an enjoyable night of movies & makes me wonder what other films she has done that I may have seen in the past or at least have heard of.

Annex%20-%20Oberon,%20Merle_NRFPT_01.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

kiltie

Practically Family
Last night I watched a documentary - Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession.

Jerry Harvey himself seemed fairly uninteresting and self absorbed. But then there's no accounting for whatever actual mental instability he may have suffered from.
The cool part of the doc is the way it either introduces you to cool, out of the way pictures or re-introduces you to movies you may be somewhat familiar with and asks you to look at them in a new light. That makes it worth watching if you're a film buff of any kind. It's interesting too, I suppose, if you're anything of a L.A. culture buff...

Lorena B

Practically Family
Just watched Charlene Theron's North Country.
Based in the true story of mine women and the historical fact of syndicates and companies recognizing women rights at mainly male environment workplace back in the 89.

Really inspirational.

Lorena B

Practically Family
ThesFlishThngs said:
"Women's Prison" at the moment. I wonder if this prison had an on-site salon, or these gals were just very skilled at doing their own fabulous hair behind bars?
;)

Oh that's a good one lol !!, i remember thinking the same when i watched it, besides, the bossy blonde reminds me of Vivian of Holloway ( the repro clothing brand)
I think they are identical!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe