Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Moodle said:
Oh, I just saw that last week! Isn't it great?--plus, with Ava Gardner and Burt Lancaster on one screen, my eyes didn't know where to look...

Whenever I get bored watching this movie (never), there are always the sets, the clothes, the hairdos, the hats on both men and women, the cars, the soundtrack by Miklos Rosza, the camera work,...
One of my favorites.
Burt Lancaster's 1st movie.
The one that made Ava Gardner a star.
Often referred to as the Citizen Kane of film noir.
And...terrific supporting performances. I particularly like the opening scene in the diner.
My favorite character is the insurance investigator played by Edmund O'Brien who looks great in th 40's high-waisted style.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I just finished watching Revenge of the Sith for about the 20th time. There's particular things I didn't like about the film, but regardless I still get excited every time I see it.

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. I think George Lucas got a little too caught up in the new technology available and not enough on the script or using artistic imaginary limitations... because art thrives on limitation, and the the first trilogy was a lot better overall. The opening camera track where it follows their ships was actually pretty appropriate. Other times, I felt he lost a lot of the visual and camera work style that made the first trilogy what it was.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
In the theatres : The Heartbreak Kid. I liked it, it was pretty funny.

At Home : Topper Returns & Abbot & Costello meet Dracula, The Wolfman, and the Frankenstien Monster. They were on last night back to back and very fun to watch.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At this very moment my wife and I are watching The Painted Veil with Naomi Watts and Edward Norton. It's a good movie, great hats. Edward Norton's Panama has got me thinking...

PaintedVeil.jpg

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
On Saturday I saw The Darjeeling Limited...I loved it. I think it's a love it or hate it type movie, mostly cause people either love or hate Wes Anderson.

Last night I had a movie marathon, I wacthed Efter brylluppet or After the Wedding, very interesting and I liked it a lot. Driving Lessons, a little slow in spots but pretty good. And Meet the Robinsons, haha I loooved it.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Would any of you gents happen to be smithies or otherwise schooled in the metallurgical arts?"

I love that film.

Meanwhile, our current show at work is "In The Shadow Of The Moon," an absolutely fascinating documentary about the surviving Apollo astronauts, who talk about their experiences and how they've lived the rest of their lives in the shadow of those accomplishments. Absolutely riveting if you remember the space age, and really educational for those who don't.

Feraud

Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
"Would any of you gents happen to be smithies or otherwise schooled in the metallurgical arts?"

I love that film.
The film is amazing. Every line is a classic but Delmar's comment about the shooting of the cows cracks me up.
Delmar - Oh George.. not the livestock." lol

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I watched Ghost Dog by Jim Jarmush, it's an amazing film!! I loved it!! I also love love love "Some like it hot" with the stunning Marylin Monroe and the charming Jack Lemmon!!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
O Brother, Where Art Thou? :)

"I don't think that's Pete-"
"Of corse it's Pete! Look at em'!" lol

LD

one of the most hilarious movies ive seen..."...they loved him up and turned him into a h-h-horny toad..." lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82