Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Beach Party (1964) and Chelsea Girls.
Both for class. I love my major.
Tomorrow I watch Bonnie and Clyde twice, at 11:00 (Writing About Film) and again at 1:00 (American Cinema Post 1960). I'm really excited and am planning a thematically appropriate outfit.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
The Black Swan and One Night with the King.

Not Maureen O'Hara's best, but I love her.

And I quite liked One Night with the King.
I adore John Rhys-Davies. Gotta love Salla of Indiana Jones.
Plus a cameo from Peter O'Toole. I thought it was rather well done.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Vanishing Point
maaaaaaaaan i swear Kowalski is a freaking GOD!! is he not the coolest cat??
love that movie man...'easy rider' sucks compared to kowalski and his challenger...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Dr. Strangelove. I had forgotten that the bombardier - the one who can't get the bay doors open - was James Earl Jones!

"...and if we were flying any lower, we'd need sleighbells on this thing." -Slim Pickens

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Dr. Strangelove. I had forgotten that the bombardier - the one who can't get the bay doors open - was James Earl Jones!

yah he kind of got thrown into the film out of the blue...i can't remeber exact details though...something along the lines of someone just saw him and cast him on the spot...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Kermez said:
Yeah, I kinda figured you'd might...

lol well it's kind of hard to resist Rosario Dawson, Tarantino, Russell, and of course, a charger and challenger all in the same film...it is VERY hard to resist.. lol

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched 1944's "Laura" with Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews. It was very good, and about halfway through it I realized this is where the plot for Burt Reynolds movie "Sharkey's Machine"came from. I would recommend either if you haven't seen them.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Once"

Great singer-songwriter soundtrack with the singer-songwriters as actors.

youtube for "Once" soundtrack to hear it.

A love story without a Hollywood ending.

And great music if that was at all unclear.

Hondo

One Too Many
The Matting Game with beautiful Gene Tierney ;)
Wikipedia:
The Mating Season is a 1951 classic farce with elements of screwball comedy film made by Paramount Pictures. It was directed by Mitchell Leisen and produced by Charles Brackett from a screenplay by Charles Brackett, Richard Breen and Walter Reisch, based on the play Maggie by Caesar Dunn. The film stars Gene Tierney, John Lund, Miriam Hopkins, and Thelma Ritter. Ritter was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.

funneman

Practically Family
Jewel Robbery (1932)
This Pre-code film with William Powell was very interesting. A lot of sexual
innuendo, some great lines and a running gag about marijuana. It's on Comcast's ON DEMAND, I've watched is twice already. I couldn't get over watching William Powell handing out joints and watching guys in three-piece suits smoking them!

Farewell My Lovely (1975)
Robert Mitchum as Philip Marlow in a gritty remake. Lot's of great tough-guy, private eye dialog, prosititutes and drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe