Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Feraud said:
The clown masks the joker crew wears in The Dark Knight are near identical (at least eerily close) to the mask Sterling Hayden wore at the track heist in The Killing.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't seen "The Dark Knight" yet! I'll make a point to look for the similarity of it when I do.

funneman

Practically Family
KY Gentleman said:
Did you recognize the clown mask?

Not until you mentioned it. But you're right. They look almost identical.

I just watched "The Killing" again and there's a scene where Sterling Hayden is walking out of a pawn shop after buying a suitcase. There's a burlesque theatre next door and the marquee says "Now Appearing Lenny Bruce."

Kinda neat.

klara

One of the Regulars
The Warriors. One of my favorite movies. I'll be visiting new york later this week so I thought it would be a good warm up movie for the trip.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched 'Mrs. Brown' (1996), which stars Judith Dench as Queen Victoria, is based on the true story of her close relationship with rugged servent John Brown at the Scottish Balmoral Castle in the mid-19th century. Very good acting.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Edward Scissorhands.
That movie makes me cry like a pathetic little baby. Sobs and everything. I was tearing up (when Vincent Price tries to give a cookie to his robot) and my dad looked up from his book and asked me if it was 'boy troubles.' I kid you not.
Yes, Dad, boy troubles.

Hondo

One Too Many
Spiffy said:
Edward Scissorhands.
That movie makes me cry like a pathetic little baby. Sobs and everything. I was tearing up (when Vincent Price tries to give a cookie to his robot) and my dad looked up from his book and asked me if it was 'boy troubles.' I kid you not.
Yes, Dad, boy troubles.

Thats cute Spiffy "boy troubles" lol
as for Edward Scissorhands, a friend of mine met Vincent Price a few times, couldn't watch this film, one of the saddest films to view, (he died a few months after) . :( I used to catch him on talk shows, watch him joking around while explaining gourmet cooking lessons, he had the most astonishing, powerful voice, very under rated actor, I hold him in high esteem, greatly missed.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just watched "Iron Man" on television and I thought it was excellent!
It wasn't the film per se, but Robert Downey Jr who has so much personality. He made the film very enjoyable.
Also, I enjoyed a grizzled Jeff Bridges.
It makes me wish I had seen it on the big screen.
Oh well.
This one is Steiner Recommended and Approved.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Picnic at Hanging Rock

This weekend I watched an Australian film from 1975 "Picnic at Hanging Rock" about the students from a girls school that go on a picnic, to Hanging Rock of all places, and some of them disappear. It's an interesting movie that leaves you with more questions than answers. But very moody and "ethereal".

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Now, Voyager with Bette Davis and Claude Raines from 1942 - fabulous!
Mr. Skeffington (1944) is on now but I missed the beginning.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Spiffy said:
Edward Scissorhands.

This is prolly my all time favorite movie. I love modern fairy tales, and this one is wonderful. I saw this in the theater like 8 times, and thats quite a bit for a then 13 year old :)

LD

Starius

Practically Family
I'm on a Dario Argento kick lately.

I recently watched the 1985 film Phenomena, which starred a very young Jennifer Connelly.
Tomorrow is my day off, and I will try to fit in his 1987 film Opera and 2001 film Sleepless.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Shoot 'Em Up! Great over the top cartoony violent fun. Not for the kids but what is nowadays..
Clive Owen is as deadly with a carrot as a firearm.

Caught that one this last weekend as well. Thought the blood effects were a lot like Frank Miller's 300, sort of 2D. Lots of over the top adult fun. Love the dive out of the plane. Paul Giamatti did a fantastic job of the slimy character as well. Tough guy huh? lol

Cheers!

Dan

Feraud

Bartender
DanielJones said:
Caught that one this last weekend as well. Thought the blood effects were a lot like Frank Miller's 300, sort of 2D. Lots of over the top adult fun. Love the dive out of the plane. Paul Giamatti did a fantastic job of the slimy character as well. Tough guy huh? lol

Cheers!

Dan
Slimy character? He was a family man! ;)
You wascally wabbitt..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust