Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with a fedora....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
702.png

BobC,Cuzin Tom and Me!

monteagle2010119.jpg

Now that is styling, for sure!

Aerol

A-List Customer
Peacoats?

I've worn fedoras with everything from Aloha Shirts to 50+ year-old cashmere topcoats, from jeans and (pseudo)biker jackets to expensive suits.

But what about peacoats? I just can't decide about peacoats?

What do you think? Photos?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Nah...I always say dungarees when I mean "jeans" - thank you mom and USN.

Down here when I grew up we called all of 'em levis, (that's what most of us wore, 501s you'd buy bigger in the waist and length and they'd shrink as you wore 'em) Only folks I heard call 'em "dungarees" were my cousins up east and in Canada ! I still call 'em levis regardless of the brand :)

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
I like it but my taste runs to brown hat, brown shoes no matter what.

If the shirt were something slightly warmer than stark white, like an ivory or very faint tan color I'd like it even better. The next step more adventurous would be a shiny light-brown tie.

But as it I think it works, although hard to say for sure without a more clearly lighted photo.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the lighting in that photo makes it hard to tell. It's possible with a different tie it would work better, but my gut instinct would be no.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, the lighting in that photo makes it hard to tell. It's possible with a different tie it would work better, but my gut instinct would be no.

Agreed. Of course, that's not to say it wasn't done back in the day, as the average man probably wouldn't have owned more than a regular hat and one for best...

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed. Of course, that's not to say it wasn't done back in the day, as the average man probably wouldn't have owned more than a regular hat and one for best...

And the one for best would have almost certainly matched his suit. You just don't go around wearing mismatched clothing (unless you're a cowboy).

Later

St. Valentine

A-List Customer

That is exacly what I was thinking. So if you want to relive the good ol´days it is at least authentic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe