Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of hat to combine with leather jacket?

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi,
What kind of hat would you suggest that will be a good combination to go with an Aeroleather halfbelt in brown FQHH? The only hat I have is a Filson Packer hat. Great hat for the outdoors though, but not suitable imho as a decent hat to go with a nice leather jacket. Also, when buying a hat, what are the most imortant things to look for. Sorry about all the questions, but I hate to buy the "wrong" hat...

Enclosed a pic of the jacket for which I would like a hat.

IMG00005.jpg

Thanks,
Andy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Unless you're wanting Indiana Jones comments from the hat ignorant, I'd honestly steer clear of something dark brown with a tall crown. Maybe something in a fawn/light brown tone. Unless it would clash with your skin tone/jacket color.] Another thing, what are you wanting to spend on a hat? Having a budget idea can help us give better suggestions.

Here are mine

If you like a shorter crown, something like this in Acorn:

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=47&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

Or, if you like a taller crown, this in Tawny Fawn:

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=51&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

But that's off the top of my head. You may also want to look at Christy's via Hornets Hats they have a WIDE selection of felt colors and hat styles. Some folks knock them. But many like them, too.

Randy

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
how about this for dimensions/color scheme

chi.jpg

stole this from a member's public photo album way back.

kiltie i think it was. great hat- will consider copying this hat if I go custom.

you could also imitate it with the akubra campdraft.

as for christy's, they do allow you to alter the dimensions, and you could in fact recreate this hat through them (almost).

but their band/bow stitching is nasty- so outsource that if you can...or do it yourself :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust