Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of flight jacket weather are you having these days..?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Nah. Around $300. I didn't want to paint my good jacket.

And while I don't neccessarily want my jeans to look new, I don't want them looking sloppy. A nicely broken in leather jacket to me is better looking than one that just came off of the rack, though.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I can't wear leather very often in Southeast Texas...

But I do have a Cooper that I accidentally dragged behind my motorcycle. It hads a couple scuff marks on the front around the zipper and some fraying on the cuffs. I sometimes catch my 16 year old daughter wearing it to school on cool mornings.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Yes...

I remember when she used to think I had no style. Now she wears Chuck Taylors and a leather flight jacket. She sneaks my 8 panels when I'm not looking. She pointed to a 57 Chevy Belaire and asked me if she could get one as her first car.

Go figure.....

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Ageing leather jackets

Why bother aging a leather jacket artificually? Any jacket that is worn as it was intended to be worn - in all weathers and for an action lifestyle - will be aged enough in a couple of years.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Now she's turning up the cuffs of her jeans.

It's clilie today hot tamale, so I tried on my Cooper and realized that I just ain't a 42R anymore. I think that I'm more like a 46 or 48 now. Searched the Bay and found a couple, didn't realize they were so cheap.

Chris217

New in Town
PADDY said:
WE come from all corners of the globe. So weather dictates what flight jackets we can reasonably wear and when.
I'm in the UK, it's northern hemisphere and it's autumm/fall now. So getting dampish, coolish and muddy underfoot.
Soooo, I'm finding I'm wearing mostly my B-15 (cloth jacket, olive drab, alpaca lined, tight green knits on waist and cuffs, offset zip, pen holders on left arm beneath AAF decal, big blackish brown furry collar! just for those who aren't sure what it is). I just seem to be grabbing it all the time right now guys. A2's aren't getting a lookin at all. Occasionally, I'm grabbing my BoB Irvin flying jacket (the stereotypical big RAF wwII sheepskin jacket), when there's a nip in the air, but the B-15 is the workhorse right now.

SO WHAT'S YOUR FLIGHT JACKET WORKHORSE RIGHT NOW...?
ForumB152.jpg
Paddy, is that a original B-15, or a Buzz Rickson? Also the bomb tag for a zipper pull looks killer on that jacket!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Perfect, I'd say

It has been in the 50 - 65 F degree range here in Ohio of late. Grand A2 weather.
Not that I didn't wear this puppy when it was 90...

Anyone else get new leather over the summer that's seeing action now?

Marv

A-List Customer
Once again it's raining in my part of the UK but that's nothing new lol, definately not sheepskin weather but could probably get away with my A2 even though it is still quite warm.
You never know, hopefully I may get to wear my Irvin once or twice this year if I am lucky :)

Windsock

A-List Customer
26.5 degrees South. Winter's well and truely finished and it's 26 deg C today...
All jackets safely stowed till next year.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Going to be in the 90s this week. We always get a last blast of heat in early October then it is flight jacket weather. Can't wait. I got two new RMNZ A2s that need breaking in (Monarch and RW). Need to break the new RMNZ B-6 in but that will have to wait until Dec.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
A2

Chicago had a touch of autumn one morning the other week.
So, I broke out my old A2 from 101st Airborne days, and
strolled over to the neighborhood Starbucks for coffee;
causing a little sartorial stir among the liberal university crowd.
:rolleyes:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
A2 Horsehide

I allready have my A2 Historical Horsehide (4th Fighter Group) on when driving the Landrover - with all the windows open!:eek:
Thats the only way - the weather is still great in sunny Copenhagen.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
BellyTank said:
Just sold this Edmund T. Church M-422a...

Jkt_frnt.jpg

...shame but I got a good price for it.
I have to wear the early model Tanker now, the patch pocket variety.

B
T

That is a nice one. If you don’t mind my asking, was it strictly a money issue or was there something about the jacket that you didn’t like?

adam

New in Town
I'm so glad that jacket weather is here again. Summer is great guys, but the other three seasons I get to break out the flight jackets!

It's been too hot during the day, but nights get good and chilly so I have been able to get some use out of one of my lighter A-2s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe