Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What some think is a "Proper" 40s look...

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Come on down to KrAzY Kat's Zoot Suit emporium! Where they can make anyone into a 40s "Hep Kat"

pootsuitcx8.jpg

Made from the highest grade of polyester and our hats are guaranteed to be made under the utmost authentic foam plastics! And best of all, everything matches... even the tie! So, that way, you wont look like a dork....

It's sure to be a "Zoot Suit Riot" with your friends... (If this thing is worn, it will start a RIOT!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!lol lol lol

Have a great weekend... IN A REAL SUIT!!!;)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
All he needs is about a pound of rhinestones and he could be a Philadelphia Mummer.

Captain John J. McNonentity Jr., Jr., of the Fancy Brigade of the Caucasian-American Fraternal Dancing and Light Beer Society. This year's theme, "Swingin' the Juke Box Saturday Night at the Stage Door Canteen," celebrates the music of the pre-1950s. (cue extremely loud ghost band recording of In the Mood)

HIDEOUS!

While I am not a fan of most zoot suits I have seen some that were actually quite sharp looking.

That "outfit" on the other hand, is simply a crime against humanity.

I may need to start drinking early today, after seeing that.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
lol I couldn't agree more John!

I was looking up 1940s ballrooms on Google last night and this image came up in the search... and I had to share! I couldn't stop laughing and shaking my head in disapproval... the site that was selling such a joke said that it's an authentic 40s Zoot Suit... Sure, authentic! :rolleyes:

arthur

Suspended
Oh my!um thats not authentic? damn I just bought three!:eek: But really that not a halloween costume?I mean someone is actually trying to pawn that off as authentic?The highest quality polyester,talk about oxymoronic.

HatfeathersVint

New in Town
All that needs is a cellophane bag and cardboard card and it's ready to go at the Walmart costume department (which is already chock full and ready for H'ween).

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Hahaha, said nothing about the shoes... but, they're just as tacky with that suit... well, anything is tacky with something that is super tacky or just wrong such is the case.

Well, I'll just say that when I found this on some web page, I was shaking my head and laughing at the same time... but, it's sad that because of silly things like this, people think that this is what the 40s were... *sigh* that's just sad.

PS: The sales pitch is something I wrote to make it sound funny.

Starius

Practically Family
I hope that isnt ISU as in Iowa State University.... cause thats where I went, and I'd hate for the place to get THAT kind of reputation...

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eek: :eek: :eek: What a sad and pathetic parody of a zoot suit. This is what Mr and Ms Tracksuit 2008 think the Golden era was all about. :(

The real deal, just to clear my head of that other eyesore:

zooter.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It reminds me of "gangster" costumes and other "One size fits none" suits that come out around Halloween. A great poly styrene fedora and and thin polyester coat and pants and you're ready to go.
Ugghh!

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Wolf said:
It reminds me of "gangster" costumes and other "One size fits none" suits that come out around Halloween. A great poly styrene fedora and and thin polyester coat and pants and you're ready to go.
Ugghh!

Sincerely,
The Wolf

That's exactly what it is - a Halloween costume - but someone was really trying to pass this off as authentic 40's vintage? They need to be shot...although if someone was or is stupid enough to buy that outfit and think they're getting vintage, they definitely deserve it for being so stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe