Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your next VS?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
duggap said:
Not Bogart you had better hurry up or your new wife to be may put her foot down.:D (Congradulations by the way);)

Thank you duggap. Actually, we have passions of similar ilk, and she loves my hat collection. I might have to give up some buying habits, but not hats. I figure, as long as I don't develop any new high-priced "hobbies" everything should be fine! lol

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
I have to order my next work of Art as soon as I get the money in my grubby little hands or else it gets spent on frivolous things like my kids education. One must keep things in their proper perspective, I think. Anyway, my next one will be a blue smoke with matching brim ribbon , 1/4 in. wide and a midnight blue ribbon 1 3/4 in wide. Tall, straight sided crown with a bit of a reverse taper if possible. And after that one will be .....

I wonder if Art is taking notes on all of these ?

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
I guess it would be my first, I'm thinking of a whiskey 2.5" brim, 5.5" open crown and a black ribbon with red and silver accents on the bow. Sort of a custom Akubra Sydney.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Waiting for blue smoke...

I have a hat on order which is a Blue Smoke with a thinner than usual darker blue ribbon treatment.

Then I'll have to start fretting about the next color...and start saving up the pennies, too!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm.... a whiskey colored hat... Hmmm......

the philosopher crawls back into his cave and pours one over ice,

puts a scrawl inside the box and sends it off

reluctant to ever leave the cave again

without a whiskey colored hat

lanceguitar

New in Town
More Blue Smoke

I had ordered a Stetson Pinnacle in black and a week later I found the Fedora Lounge. After reading that for that kind of cash I should have order one from Art or VS Custom Hats, so I did. Blue Smoke 5 1/2 crown, 2 5/8 brim , 1" ribbon and wild liner, everyday work hat, not old school, crossover. Wish I knew what I just said. Art is great to talk to even if you don't know anything about hats. The hat should be here about mid August. Oh, I do like the Pinnacle but I think I'll get more use out of Art's.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
univibe88 said:
I have both. Black very easily shows lint. The Whiskey is amazing.

I know how black is. When I was in college I tried to model myself after Ian Malcolm for a while (Jeff Goldblum's Jurassic Park character, for those who don't know). But I keep my lids boxed, and I have a good knack for fending off lint. Having bought a plain black off-the-rack last year, I have found it useful. Except that I don't trust it in the wet weather. I guess the reason I'm attracted to a black VS is that I wonder if Art and I could come up with something unusual or interesting, and also be practical.

You are right about the whiskey, though. It looks like the nicest brownish felt to come along in many moons. What to do, what to do...

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
And I've long wondered how I'd look in a porkpie...

I desire at least one Artlite as the summer weather here in the northeast is probably usually suitable for light felt and I expect that I'd be happier with that than with a panama and I'm a quite happy with a panama. The only trouble is that the colors that I most want for it, blue smoke and whiskey, are not, if I rightly recall, available as Artlites. I will have to wait until at least next spring before I can even countenance that, so by then I might find an available color that suits my peculiar and exacting intentions.

I also keep wondering what the Selcouth would look like in steel grey...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been thinking about my next work of Art and staring at his felt samples for two or three weeks now off and on. I can't decide what I want next. I'd like to have a light gray, like a dove gray. I thought about silverbelly, but that might be too light. Blue smoke might be too blue. Any suggestions?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I can't decide what I want next. I'd like to have a light gray, like a dove gray. I thought about silverbelly, but that might be too light. Blue smoke might be too blue. Any suggestions?

I've never liked the "sandiness" of Silverbelly, myself. I love the Blue Smoke, but if you don't want a blue-gray, you might not like it. The Silvermist is very light, but I had an old Miller that matched it once and I miss it dearly. It didn't fit right. :( It's a great light gray, cool without being blue. I could imagine it on you very easily.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
lanceguitar said:
I had ordered a Stetson Pinnacle in black and a week later I found the Fedora Lounge. After reading that for that kind of cash I should have order one from Art or VS Custom Hats, so I did. Blue Smoke 5 1/2 crown, 2 5/8 brim , 1" ribbon and wild liner, everyday work hat, not old school, crossover. Wish I knew what I just said. Art is great to talk to even if you don't know anything about hats. The hat should be here about mid August. Oh, I do like the Pinnacle but I think I'll get more use out of Art's.

What a choice first posting, Sir, you are on your way to a fine collection...

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I have a Montecristi being worked on by Art now....it`s not well known that Art has a stock of Montecristi bodies....tell him what you are looking for, and he may even give you a choice...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Delthayre said:
The only trouble is that the colors that I most want for it, blue smoke and whiskey, are not, if I rightly recall, available as Artlites.

I hope not. I'm expecting a lite felt Blue Smoke in August.

duggap

Banned
I hear you, my Route 66 just arrived at the post office at 7:45 this morning. Should be delivered to my office before the day is out. Drinks on me.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld