Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Gannon
ad2cc7f513bea585d74ca92f4b1eca80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have two holders that came in hats. I don't think they were used much past WWII . You can see the Crease Holder from the above hat here .

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/german-austrian-hutmachers.32103/page-129#post-1611482

There was / is a guy from Cypress selling a box of them on Ebay or Esty. He also posted here. Bob at BSHW bought a box also Josh.
I am going to renew my search, for my new "Regent" hat in the 1915 style, one will be just the ticket!! Thanks.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The two creases that I'm partial to are C crowns and Center dents. I've tried other creases, but I just don't care much for some of them. If I'm creasing an Open Road or some other fedora style from the mid '40s to early '50s era, I like C crowns. If I'm going for more of a '30s fedora style, or if I'm creasing a Western Hat I prefer the Center Dent. There were a ton of creases from those eras that I tried, it's just that I prefer the C crowns and the Center Dents over the others.

Here's a Resistol Stagecoach that I reworked with a Center Dent and a high loose pinch...

Stagecoach_R_04.jpg
Stagecoach_R_11.jpg
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_and_grandkids_1.jpg

Here's another Resistol Stagecoach that I reworked with a Center Dent and a high tight pinch...I don't wear it much, though. I don't care much for the Chestnut color and it's a little snug on me.

Western_Indy_05.jpg
RSCB_3.jpg
RSCB_4.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach.jpg

Resistol 3X Beaver with a Diamond Crease and Resistol Stagecoach, Center Dent
resistol.jpg

3X Resitol Diamond Crease
XXX5.jpg
x_Resistol_3_XXX_2.jpg

'50s era Open Road with a C Crown and high tight pinch. I have to get some more pics of this hat.

B_Open_Road.jpg
bradford_and_buffy_4.jpg

Also wore it on my vacation to Mars
Me_on_Mars.jpg

For the Cowboy in all of us...Roy Rogers and The Sons Of The Pioneers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld