Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hats with B-3 jacket?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Learned gentlemen of the Lounge, I have a question for you;
What hat would you recommend with a B-3 jacket?

I usually wear an Eastman B-2 cap, but I'd like a wider choice. I have a brown Penman Indy fedora, but usually only wear it with blue suits.
My wife suggests a Stetson, since I couldn't very well choose any hat that would make me look more conspicuous than I already am (a big guy in a country of thinner, smaller people, in general). I could see me rockin the cattlemans crease, just like Slim Pickins in Strangelove, but what other choices have I got?

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Big J--I think you're moving in the right direction. if you're looking for a classic cattleman's crease, you can't go wrong with a Resistol San Antonio.

IMG_3778_zps6b97da45.jpg

Or how about another silverbelly hat, the classic Stetson Open Road.

3X3_zpseae7bf51.jpg

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg
Filson Mackinaw wool cap (ear flaps fold up out of the way for warmer days). Comes in several colors.

IXL

One Too Many
View attachment 20489
Filson Mackinaw wool cap (ear flaps fold up out of the way for warmer days). Comes in several colors.

Having a great many Filson garments, and several hats, I've always wanted this particular model. I'd go for the full-on red and black plaid: If I'm going to look like Elmer Fudd, might as well go all the way. My wife has always had a contrary opinion concerning me purchasing this hat......

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Some good suggestions gentlemen!
I have a 24 1/2 inch head measurement, which makes life tricky.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As far as I know, the only retailers that carry anything larger in Stetsons than a 7 3/4 are Delmonico (the Premiere Strat and the Indy) and Hats-plus (the Indy). Unless you go custom, the pickings are pretty slim. Borsolinos come in larger sizes, but they run on the small side so you have to order up one size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe