Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat goes with an A-2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

MCrider

A-List Customer
It's actually borwn, just the shade the pic was taken in gives it a grey hue. But that's the first hat I owned. Bought it back in 1980. It's a Foreman and Clark and still gets regular rotation. It needs its sweat replaced since it's cracking from age, but I just can't bring myself to send it in.

D

Deleted member 16736

Changed my mind again

It's a beauty. The old hats really have something the new ones don't (with a few exceptions).

So, I canceled my Kangol gray cap order when I saw this beauty: a Wigens Harris Tweed. I bought it immediately. Not only will it go with my brown A-2, it'll also go with my new Lauren camel wool/cashmere overcoat bought this morning on super-duper end of season Super Bowl discount for $169.

Here's the cap and the coat:

http://www.delmonicohatter.com/Merc...roduct_Code=90401-010785&Category_Code=DRVCAP

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/...h-Top-Coat-Worsted-Wool-Cashmere-For-Men.html

But a hat for both coats is coming...

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a Foreman and Clark and still gets regular rotation.

Foreman and Clark--I haven't heard that brand name since the 1960s in Minnesota. I thought it might have been a local brand. I remember Mel Jass or someone like that on TV with the 4 pm movie, hawking Foreman and Clark suits. Or maybe many of the local personalities did. Calls to mind my youth.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A newsboy cap can look fine.

DubowA-2016-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Beautiful cap, Paddy. You always wear your clothes so well. I own a vintage Jules Jurgensen watch from my dad. He left me some wonderful clothes: a tux, a couple of Burberry trench coats. Glad we were the same size, but boy do I miss him. Wearing his clothes does bring him closer to me.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good choice of cap Joel. Quite a timeless look to it, but 'very' Golden Era and will go with a multitude of styles (and great for travelling as it just rolls up!). Make sure you post pics in the Newsboy Cap thread (in the Hat Room) when it comes through - Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 16736

Thanks, and thanks for telling me there was a newsboy cap thread. I'm new to FL and just finding my way around.

I looked at a newsboy but it looked a little too flamboyant for the jacket.
I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone describe a Newsboy cap as "flamboyant". :D

Back to the topic, I think the Wigens Harris Tweed flatcap you purchased will look much better with your A-2 than the Kangol Ivy cap you initially wanted. IMO flat caps and A-2s are a great classic casual look, as Paddy's excellent photo suggests!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael