Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Not sure if this is the one you are referring to, but I got a steal on this Stetson Twenty Open Road just the other day for only 52.00 !
View attachment 641756

Another great find - congratulations again! Those JBS 20s are really something. I’ve never handled a TAR Twenty… I am curious how the felt compares to the ME 20s.

But man that 100… boy, what a hat!!

RickP

Practically Family
A new life begins.... the battered Gay Prince gets its first public trip (post rehab) today! Moral of the story is never give up ... everything still has potential.. Always show your $15 hats some love- they usually return the favor nicely.

I didn't really point it out yesterday, but if you look near the end of the measuring tape, you can see one of the "patched " holes. There were 6 holes that had been under the hatband that had ripped out. After work to lower crown and enlarge the brim ( I gained over 3/4" of brim width) , these holes ended out on top of the brim in the open. Fortunately, the original hatband was the same felt as the hat and had enough spare material on the back of the band to punch out filler plugs. Made the filler plugs slightly larger than the hole, added some fabric glue to the edges and tapped then in snug. After glue set, I sanded the surface with 2000 grit paper and steamed so the heat would set the adhesive into the fibers better. Not perfect but they came out pretty decent.

If I can get some ambition up today, Ill sew the sweatband back in, and build a properly fit hatband and bow....then it will be all done... I just couldnt wait another day to take it outside.

Compress_20240922_153210_0983.jpg

Compress_20240923_072638_8335.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning TFL folks. It has been a grand hat parade the last couple days. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday afternoon a Champ Supreme was my fedora of choice.

i-vdcZ3b3-M.jpg

i-DxGKjFK-M.jpg

i-qXjnDPp-M.jpg

This mornings soirée was taken under the brim of a Gannon(Playboy inspired) fedora in beaver blue-mist.

i-z27wFBX-M.jpg

i-D3sjTzt-M.jpg

i-frbSKCR-M.jpg

I was sport'n a Gannon in silverbelly (Playboy inspired) fedora for morning coffee.

i-T44pQCZ-M.jpg

i-hV3R24b-M.jpg

i-prtMvjL-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Good morning to all of y'all here at TFL ! It is a special day for me as it is my 66th birthday. To celebrate the occasion I went and bought myself a hat. Imagine that.lol. Stetson 100 !! Not a perfect example but nice enough for me.

* b-days aren't that big of a deal anymore...just an old man who's glad to be able to have another day !

View attachment 641750 View attachment 641751 View attachment 641752 View attachment 641753
Happy birthday, Tim. A fine hat for a birthday, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken