Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

A good friend passed last week and was laid to rest on Saturday on his land in Australia. The ceremony actually took place Friday night my time and I held a private memorial for him at my home at the same time it was happening in Oz. He was a good man, a good father and a good friend and will be missed.

It is difficult to live a life between continents. While it's wonderful to be here close to family, almost all of my close friends live outside of the US - most of them in East Asia and Australia. When I am with them, of course my family is far away. It has been this way my entire life, but it really never gets any easier.

I wore the King’s Umbrella yesterday and again today, also during the ceremony. Not much of a "funeral" hat here in the US but in Asia (esp. Japan) white is a funeral color and my friend would have liked that. I did not wear the Hawaiian shirt for the ceremony, however.

View attachment 619702
View attachment 619703
View attachment 619704
Sorry for your loss, Nathan.

$JayJones50

New in Town
image.jpg

Good afternoon 104 outside but didn’t stop me from wearing the Borsolino I just received in the mail yesterday. It is a little beat up but nothing that can’t be fixed .
IMG_2801.jpeg
IMG_2802.jpeg
IMG_2800.jpeg

RBH

Bartender
A good friend passed last week and was laid to rest on Saturday on his land in Australia. The ceremony actually took place Friday night my time and I held a private memorial for him at my home at the same time it was happening in Oz. He was a good man, a good father and a good friend and will be missed.

It is difficult to live a life between continents. While it's wonderful to be here close to family, almost all of my close friends live outside of the US - most of them in East Asia and Australia. When I am with them, of course my family is far away. It has been this way my entire life, but it really never gets any easier.

I wore the King’s Umbrella yesterday and again today, also during the ceremony. Not much of a "funeral" hat here in the US but in Asia (esp. Japan) white is a funeral color and my friend would have liked that. I did not wear the Hawaiian shirt for the ceremony, however.

View attachment 619702
View attachment 619703
View attachment 619704

My condolences Nathan.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

GHT

I'll Lock Up
steur3.jpg
Borsalino Senapa
The lady is just putting the finishing touches on then we are off out.
Loving all the hats Stefan, but that Borsalino Senapa just has an edge,
it's probably the colour, mind you, it does have that classic look.
Fabulous. Now I must get going.

Last edited:
Let's give the prize this Sunday to Mossant
Second place at the Borsalino Senapa especially for the coordinated jacket
The others have already been awarded :cool:
View attachment 619968
Borsalino Senapa
The lady is just putting the finishing touches on the we are off out.
Loving all the hats Stefan, but that Borsalino Senapa just has an edge,
it's probably the colour, mind you, it does have that classic look.
Fabulous. Now I must get going.
Thank you, gentlemen. The Mossant packs a punch, but the Senapa is just such a cool hat. Both a joy to wear though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld