Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. This morning I went on a walkabout through the neighborhoods under the brim of a Stetson Whippet.

i-wJc2g3J-M.jpg

i-7hCVqj8-M.jpg

i-9VZPfnR-M.jpg

Home and doing a couple of outside chores had me sport'n a Stetson Royal DeLuxe Turf Club.

i-ZSGdb69-M.jpg

i-gXRVBp7-M.jpg

i-b725Vfd-M.jpg

It has been a green morning at my house.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Been sticking mostly with Stetson 3xes the past week, but after re-watching Jeff Bridges’ Rooster Cogburn I was inspired today for the modern Stetson Excellent Quality.

I initially thought I might try rebashing this to look closer to Rooster’s, but I prefer it as is. It’s not trying to be anything but an honest little beater.

IMG_9676.jpeg
IMG_9677.jpeg

IMG_9680.jpeg

JBS 3xes currently in circulation:
IMG_9673.jpeg

Currrntz

New in Town
Wearing my new campdraft. This is my first akubra and I’m sold. I’m normally more of a Stetson person, with the occasional vintage borsalino here and there. I was kind of apprehensive when it arrived but after giving it a good bash and steam, it pains me a little to say I like it more than my open road. (I took y’all’s general consensus that the campdraft over the open road was the move, and I’m glad I did. Thanks!)

Attachments

• IMG_8098.jpeg
    IMG_8098.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8075.jpeg
    IMG_8075.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8078.jpeg
    IMG_8078.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Three hats yesterday. First my fuzzy Hückel to take the car in to the shop.
IMG_1448.jpeg
IMG_1452.jpeg

Then an Akubra Snowy River for yard work. Didn’t get a photo.
Finally a Fed IV for today’s walk
IMG_1458.jpeg

I’ve been taking these walks to make sure I’m getting enough exercise while on holiday.
Tomorrow we have our Shigoto hajime shiki, literally beginning of work ceremony. The Japanese love their ceremonies. We travel to Nara, where the original one of our three schools is, have the ceremony and go home. The next day is Sunday, then Monday’s a public holiday and Tuesday is the beginnings of classes ceremony. We finally start classes on Wednesday.
I don’t mind the shigoto hajime shiki, since they hand out cash to the teachers, but getting students to come in for a ceremony and then sending them straight back home, does seem a little silly to me. Some of these kids travel almost two hours each way to get to school.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That happens sometimes. You have a great hats and a new sweat won't break the bank.

Ran out to the store and took the dog for a drive. Wearing a new to me Stetson Royal Strat.
I wish the sweatband would have been in better shape. When I lifted it to check for tags, it started cracking and chipping, but I'm happy with it for what I paid.

View attachment 576996
View attachment 576997

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The hats were not always high class, for the less wealthy classes there were medium quality hats at an affordable price
Misto Cervo 2.jpg
They are the most difficult to find because many have gone to the point of total consumption
Misto Cervo A.jpg
This belongs to that class of almost indestructible hats suitable for every day
Misto Cervo 5.jpg
"Bantam Creazione Speciale Cervo"
The color is not indicated, but it is certainly a mixture of wool and fur
Misto Cervo 4.jpg
From the finish we can deduce that it is one of the latest creations of the Bantam line produced by Cappellificio Cervo
Thanks for your like on the Flechet Century
Many compliments for the New Year parade of hats

Here's another nutria hat with the Fray mark. Have to admire a rolled leather sweatband that can survive a century of use and still remain supple. This hat arrived with a wide ribbon in poor condition. Not sure if it was original but I removed it and added this thin horsehair band. It's a personal favorite that fits me well and wears easy.

010524_1.jpg

010524_2.jpg

010524_3.jpg

010524_5.jpg

010524_6.jpg

010524_4.jpg

010524_7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe