Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

hambone71

Practically Family

hambone71

Practically Family
Thank you very much. I indeed enjoyed it. My Father are great cigars. My favorite is Le Bijou 1922 :)
Yes!!! I've had several Le Bijou, can't quite remember if I've had the 1922. I was a Peppin Garcia fanboy about 10 years ago. I was smoking his black label and blue label in my daily rotations, as they were more affordable than the aforementioned blends.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Saturday evening I enjoyed some ice water on the deck under the brim of a Stetson straw. This vintage hat has all the features.

i-nzc3zjD-M.jpg

i-Sr6vvrT-M.jpg

i-zzHtxL2-M.jpg

i-WwpPhG3-M.jpg

I took my Sunday morning walkabout in the 60'f (15'c) cool temps. Ahhhh, cooler morning temps. It is easy motivation to wake up early to enjoy the cool temps. I wore a "new" to me Mallory Eight Fifty. I tip my brim towards the west and Brent for allowing to aquire this unique hat. It will enjoy a special place on my hat rack.

i-FjjWHpd-M.jpg

The charcoal hat is finding itself on my hat rack. A clean, brushing and some steam has it Short Balding Guy ready. A simple diamond crease with longer side dents are my starting place for this hat. After wearing it for about an hour I surmise the liner needs to be taped in place, the side dents shortened and a bit more tugboat to the crease. IMO the hat is very cool.

i-5bLNVnK-M.jpg

i-vLZbXd4-M.jpg

Home and a couple of quick yard chores. One of which is relocating a raccoon and two babies, in a couple Have A Heart traps, to our local Forest Reserve. The raccoons were enjoying my yard and shed despite my efforts to discourage them. (No mammals were injured in this episode.) I was under the brim of a Gannon Wanderer (silvermist and charcoal trimmings).

i-n5N4gJg-M.jpg

i-QDZm82v-M.jpg

Home and a hat change for a walkabout enjoying Sunday morning coffee found me under a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-gLGJT6K-M.jpg

i-KQQMcnG-M.jpg

i-XnzG34f-M.jpg

i-R7BBMxw-M.jpg

Oops, I needed more half and half for my oatmeal and coffee and headed out to the local grocery store. A straw cap was my choice.

i-bkcHk85-M.jpg

I see that the garden needs weeding. I headed out in a PDH straw hat to work. Yes the mosquitoes turned me back quickly. I will need to change to long pants and shirt to do my task.

i-MvVxmjj-M.jpg

i-86NtzMM-M.jpg

i-pPm5q6s-M.jpg

i-Qvxg3Sw-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Don’t I know it! Would have been a much larger crowd too, if severe storms hadn’t been passing through. Thankfully it cleared up before the show and folks creeped outdoors. I think there is/was a trike rally going on in Deadwood, but of course the Sturgis rally has the hills crawling with people for pretty much all of August.
Traveling & performing do you ever run into Brûlé much? I know they have played at Outlaw Square some, & back in the day they would play here at the annual Indian Marketplace.

I guess I got Sturges on my brain knowing the crowd will be growing this wk.

Brüder Böhm Wien "Ultra" possibly later 1920s. This Wool Stiff Felt is in great condition but on the heavy side at 189 grams. It still has the original size stamp at the rear of the sweatband. I found this Wool Stiff Felt back in 2016.

53085864305_d9c9b7386e_h.jpg

53085948083_9a2de829f6_h.jpg

53085442721_63b4c6730d_h.jpg

53085446306_78e39670e3_h.jpg

53085945973_d440ec4d44_h.jpg

Brüder Böhm K. U. K. Hof - Hutfabrik Wien (1914) Post Card. I found this back in 2017.

37882194835_846ec95b25_o.jpg

Quality "Sylva", Novelty in Loden (Rough), Fashion - Melange: 845 Grayish Green, 846 Tawney, 847 Iron Gray, 848 Olive Brown, 849 Fashion Green, 851 Fashion Blue

26993283269_5f8fe7214b_o.jpg

Our Sales Representive, Mr. Benno Deutsch

Will soon have the honor to speak to you in order to present our latest sample collection in Fur, Wool and Velour Hats for the upcoming season to submit to the election. We ask you to send him your orders. To reserve.

Respectfully
Brüder Böhm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld