Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Yesterday evening's warmer 25'f temps found me on a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-MjDRML6-M.jpg

i-GzMnnTw-M.jpg

i-tJcBQ46-M.jpg

i-HvNdsGn-M.jpg

I pulled a couple hats out of "winter storage" and wore them this morning. They will need some "refreshing steam to pull some storage marks out. Regardless they are fun hats to wear.

First hat is an Australian Whippet. Excellent felt.

i-ccLc5Mw-M.jpg

i-zkJPsMG-M.jpg

i-66KjwgF-M.jpg

i-Z7PTbCq-M.jpg

A 50's Stetson Whippet with soft maleable chocolate felt. A felt that makes you want to touch it.

i-RPCGR5W-M.jpg

i-wKngBgX-M.jpg

i-M75j6tn-M.jpg

Errands and starting to grill some brunch in a VS Whippet inspired fedora.

i-nPj3DVs-M.jpg

i-rL9p7qS-M.jpg

i-ZsbbqzT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Back to back parades from Stefan and Eric. What more can we ask for on a fine Sunday morning

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening's warmer 25'f temps found me on a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-MjDRML6-M.jpg

i-GzMnnTw-M.jpg

i-tJcBQ46-M.jpg

i-HvNdsGn-M.jpg

I pulled a couple hats out of "winter storage" and wore them this morning. They will need some "refreshing steam to pull some storage marks out. Regardless they are fun hats to wear.

i-ccLc5Mw-M.jpg

i-zkJPsMG-M.jpg

i-66KjwgF-M.jpg

i-Z7PTbCq-M.jpg

A 50's Stetson Whippet with soft maleable chocolate felt. A felt that makes you want to touch it.

i-RPCGR5W-M.jpg

i-wKngBgX-M.jpg

i-M75j6tn-M.jpg

i-nPj3DVs-M.jpg

i-rL9p7qS-M.jpg

i-ZsbbqzT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
You do John B. proud, Eric.
srat1.jpg strat2.jpg
How I love the Stratoliner, something about it that depicts the golden age of travel. A time when hat wearing, along with collar and tie were the norm. Style and elegance summed up in that one hat.

When Esther made me a look-a-like, I thought about the strat-hat-badge, but given that mine was a copy I thought of something original for the hat-badge, something that I could put on and take off as and when.
MG Hat badge 001.JPG MG Hat badge 002.JPG
It certainly gets noticed.

How I love a week in hats, always a treat. If I had to choose it would be the Borsalino Cecosca Bismuto. Not out of any preference of style but I love the exquisite colour. From what I can see in the photo it looks to be
khaki-esque in appearance.
View attachment 409399
The brim and ribbon contrast just sets it off a treat.
Thank you, Robert. The bismuto is more of a grey in real life.

Handsome hats all. We all look forward to your weekly parade, Stefan.
Thanks, Brent. It's getting to be time for a different selection again.

Spectacular selection as always! I’m with @GHT with regards to the Bismuto, though the Berteil also appeals big time.
Thank you, Gary.

More birthday celebrations. Home karaoke in my newly reshaped Christy’s Trilby. The reshaping has made a huge difference and this will likely go into my work rotation and get plenty of wear.
View attachment 409420
Possibly “Gimme Three Steps” by Lynyrd Skynyrd. View attachment 409421
The party seems to be going, Gary. You're a braver man than I!

i-MjDRML6-M.jpg

i-GzMnnTw-M.jpg

i-tJcBQ46-M.jpg

i-HvNdsGn-M.jpg

i-ccLc5Mw-M.jpg

i-zkJPsMG-M.jpg

i-66KjwgF-M.jpg

i-Z7PTbCq-M.jpg

i-RPCGR5W-M.jpg

i-wKngBgX-M.jpg

i-M75j6tn-M.jpg

i-nPj3DVs-M.jpg

i-rL9p7qS-M.jpg

i-ZsbbqzT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
An exquisite parade of hats as always, Eric.

Another wonderful hat week Stefan in wonderful sunshine. Especially like the Mossant Bleu and the Cecosca.
A bit of sunshine does make all the difference, Steve. Thanks.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Joe; I always get a kick out of seeing your Flagship showcased. Exquisit hat. Wear it proudly.

A shout out to @alanfgag because I’m also wearing a gray Playboy today—younger than (and not as cool as) his but one of my go to lids. Had to run over to Rock Center at the end of the day and thought this would make a fedora-appropriate backdrop.

David
View attachment 408970

You could not do any less than being inspired by Alan. Your pic shows you wearing the Playboy confidently. Love the real life adventures of your hats.

Graduation day for the 6th graders today, so as always, I went for my Brummel’s Homburg.
Several of the kids asked for photos with me afterwards. I asked them “with or without the hat?” One said “either or”, but the rest said “with”. View attachment 409030 View attachment 409031

You clean up very well. Sharp outfit and the homburg is a spectacular pairing. Thanks for sharing.

Bob; You and the Churchill pair up well. Appears like you are enjoying the last of the winter season. Cheers.

Crossing my fingers that this is the last snowfall for now. Took advantage of the weather to wear this Nutria Quality View attachment 409135

Jesse; Love everything about your shared pic. Thanks.

Our favourite Dutchman's recent haul of French hats inspired me to wear this Gelot.

Thanks for the inspiration, Stefan View attachment 409168

Steve; Always fun to see how the other half, over the ocean folks, adventure packed days go. The hat is sharp. I really like the mid and thin ribbon hats.

View attachment 409271
View attachment 409270
How could I ever do that. What has six beauties got to do with drawing you from Holland? The ladies are collectively known as: "the Dutchies, a name they gave themselves. They and their fellows are regulars at a number of weekend festivals here in the UK.

As well as a talented seamstress Tina is quite gifted at styling the ladies hair, vintage fashion. I can't remember now, but she may have styled all six, there again, Tina has a partner, another lady, name of Lynn whom together are very popular and in demand at these festivals. This lady's hair is definitely Tina's handiwork.
View attachment 409272

And in keeping with this thread, this is a hat made by a Belgium lady, Flemish speaking, of course, well known round these parts. I wore it today after seeing Joe's fine hat.
View attachment 409273

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me to get up out of the country appeal I wear to wear city clothes more often. esther needs to give you a commision for every hat sold as you are a very satisfied client. Cheers.

Celebrating my birthday one day ahead of time in my Akubra Cattleman with a rack of ribs.
Following this delicious Porter with sparkling wine and strawberries to keep Etsuko happy. The Pale Ale was Etsuko’s starter. View attachment 409374 View attachment 409375

Happy Birthday. Appears like you were able to celebrate with family and friends. Nothing better. Cheers on the hat pic.

The week in hats. Let's see.

Mossant Bleu Oxford
View attachment 409379

Cambiaghi
View attachment 409380

Borsalino Cecosca Bismuto
View attachment 409381

Borsalino Celesca View attachment 409382

Severino
View attachment 409383

Berteil
View attachment 409384

Stetson Open Road Royal de Luxe
View attachment 409385

Boy oh boy the hat parade is grand. I appreciate the brick bakcground and am in amazement on how topcoat, scarf, hat pairings can look so varied. You post up excellent examples for other to be inspired. Thanks for sharing your amazing hat collection.

How I love a week in hats, always a treat. If I had to choose it would be the Borsalino Cecosca Bismuto. Not out of any preference of style but I love the exquisite colour. From what I can see in the photo it looks to be
khaki-esque in appearance.
View attachment 409399
The brim and ribbon contrast just sets it off a treat.

The topcoat, scarf and hat pairing make it special for me. Take one item away and the pic would be less.

More birthday celebrations. Home karaoke in my newly reshaped Christy’s Trilby. The reshaping has made a huge difference and this will likely go into my work rotation and get plenty of wear.
View attachment 409420
Possibly “Gimme Three Steps” by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Excellent hat pics. I am envious of your ability to sing.

You put on a week's worth of hats in one day, Eric. As always, today's batch were wonderful to behold. I especially admired their "Stetsonian" classic shapes and lines.

Thanks for the hat compliment sir.

Back to back parades from Stefan and Eric. What more can we ask for on a fine Sunday morning

Sunday is my day off and it is true enjoyment to have no requirements on my time other than my whims. Thanks for the compliment.

You do John B. proud, Eric.
View attachment 409465 View attachment 409466
How I love the Stratoliner, something about it that depicts the golden age of travel. A time when hat wearing, along with collar and tie were the norm. Style and elegance summed up in that one hat.

When Esther made me a look-a-like, I thought about the strat-hat-badge, but given that mine was a copy I thought of something original for the hat-badge, something that I could put on and take off as and when.
View attachment 409470 View attachment 409471
It certainly gets noticed.

The "Town and Country" hats are my sweet spot in hats. Your Esther creation benefits from the MG badge. Always eye catching in your vintage vehicle.

Thank you, Robert. The bismuto is more of a grey in real life.

Thanks, Brent. It's getting to be time for a different selection again.

Thank you, Gary.

The party seems to be going, Gary. You're a braver man than I!

An exquisite parade of hats as always, Eric.

A bit of sunshine does make all the difference, Steve. Thanks.

Borsalino Homburg on yet another sunny day in this part of the world. View attachment 409481 View attachment 409482

You always make homburg wearing appear natural. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers to all hat folks. Thanks to all for sharing your hat wearing adventures. I have read and looked at each post this morning.

Wear your hats proudly, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Perfect illustration of just how nice these homburgs are. Glorious hat, Steve.
Thanks Stefan. This one is definitely Borsalino at their best.

I can tell from the label that this one is from between 1936 and 1953. More the latter age than the former. However, the name eludes me. I just can't make out the letter between the "e" and "s". 20220313_163421.jpg

Joe; I always get a kick out of seeing your Flagship showcased. Exquisit hat. Wear it proudly.

You could not do any less than being inspired by Alan. Your pic shows you wearing the Playboy confidently. Love the real life adventures of your hats.

You clean up very well. Sharp outfit and the homburg is a spectacular pairing. Thanks for sharing.

Bob; You and the Churchill pair up well. Appears like you are enjoying the last of the winter season. Cheers.

Jesse; Love everything about your shared pic. Thanks.

Steve; Always fun to see how the other half, over the ocean folks, adventure packed days go. The hat is sharp. I really like the mid and thin ribbon hats.

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me to get up out of the country appeal I wear to wear city clothes more often. esther needs to give you a commision for every hat sold as you are a very satisfied client. Cheers.

Happy Birthday. Appears like you were able to celebrate with family and friends. Nothing better. Cheers on the hat pic.

Boy oh boy the hat parade is grand. I appreciate the brick bakcground and am in amazement on how topcoat, scarf, hat pairings can look so varied. You post up excellent examples for other to be inspired. Thanks for sharing your amazing hat collection.

The topcoat, scarf and hat pairing make it special for me. Take one item away and the pic would be less.

Excellent hat pics. I am envious of your ability to sing.

Sunday is my day off and it is true enjoyment to have no requirements on my time other than my whims. Thanks for the compliment.

The "Town and Country" hats are my sweet spot in hats. Your Esther creation benefits from the MG badge. Always eye catching in your vintage vehicle.

You always make homburg wearing appear natural. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers to all hat folks. Thanks to all for sharing your hat wearing adventures. I have read and looked at each post this morning.

Wear your hats proudly, Eric -
Thank you, Eric. Keep the wonderful hats coming.

Thanks Stefan. This one is definitely Borsalino at their best.

I can tell from the label that this one is from between 1936 and 1953. More the latter age than the former. However, the name eludes me. I just can't make out the letter between the "e" and "s". View attachment 409504
I think the model name is Gufosca.

Hello, all! I am brand-new here, and am seeking any info, opinion, etc. about a hat I just purchased. It is a cobalt blue fedora, from a company called "Michael Zechbauer", distributed by Mayser. Does anyone have any experience with this company? It seems to me to be a gorgeous hat, but the brand is new to me. Thoughts, opinions?

Welcome!
Can you please attach as many photos of the hat as possible? Hope someone here can help you.

Brent

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hello, all! I am brand-new here, and am seeking any info, opinion, etc. about a hat I just purchased. It is a cobalt blue fedora, from a company called "Michael Zechbauer", distributed by Mayser. Does anyone have any experience with this company? It seems to me to be a gorgeous hat, but the brand is new to me. Thoughts, opinions?
Welcome Michael. We share a surname :)

Mayser is well known. Always best to post photos of ones hat, inside and out. Remember to post photos of labels and the liner.

Mighty44

One Too Many
New to me Champ from David aka @Mighty44. This is a fantastic hat and in virtually mint condition. But I think I need wider brims so I am passing this along to a friend at the same great deal David offered to me. So this is a one time wear - man it's a nice hat.

View attachment 409632 View attachment 409633 View attachment 409634 View attachment 409635 View attachment 409636 View attachment 409637 View attachment 409638 View attachment 409639 View attachment 409640
Great work straightening that brim, Bill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe