Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Braved the inclement weather because we had to return the Italian seafood place to try their other special limited menu takarabako - the treasure chest. I wore my Capricorn that I purchased for the rainy season. It was a worthwhile purchase - getting plenty of head time.
View attachment 353664
View attachment 353665
I know you want to see the treasure chest…
View attachment 353673
Hidden under all that delicious salmon roe is a mixture of crab, scallops and raw fish. At ¥1000 (just under $US10), it’s not surprising they put a limit of one per table and five in total per day on this. Pure decadence!
The other dishes were fantastic, too.
View attachment 353674
Salmon confit, raw oysters and seafood salad. We also had pasta. Note for next time: careful not to order too much!
Etsuko was hatless due to the weather.
Loving the almost noir photos.. and then contrasts the vibrant color of the food photos.

Congratulations, Joe! Both homburgs look fabulous. If you haven't yet, be sure to post them in the "homburg nation" thread.
Thanks Stefan. I usually assume I have but then turns out I have not. Will take a look.. probably will put together something new

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Daughter/dad road trip to drop her off at college across the country. Stopping in Chicago for a day and hanging out around the riverwalk.
I only grabbed the Tumwater for this trip, and I’m going to try and avoid Optimo...
01DA0994-068D-460C-8109-97D2BEB492ED.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for sharing your hats! I am glad to have business, but without more employees the weeks this summer have been very long and I really have not had time to share my hats.

Yesterday afternoon I took off. I thought a blue afternoon was in order. Thin ribbon'd Stratoliner hat was perfect.

i-hHD3nf2-M.jpg

i-RxQjwKC-M.jpg

i-zV8P895-M.jpg

i-hHkBCmQ-M.jpg

I ran an errand to the butcher shop in a cap before 6:00pm.

i-9NnwNKM-M.jpg

The early evening temps dropped into the lower 70's f and the winds picked up. Perfect sailing weather. A Knox Westlite was my late afternoon hat of choice.

i-5g3LcJ5-M.jpg

I parked myself on the dock and watched life float by for a while. This was an excellent backdrop when listening to technical sport training podcasts on my phone. A Gannon (bluemist beaver felt) Wanderer was my hat choice.

i-cxgGgnd-M.jpg

Morning found me out before the sun rise. The 57'f (14'c) morning temps were deliciously cool! Apparently my photo skills were challenged-pre-sun rise. I wore a pristine 30's Brock unlined homburg.

i-bwxrnHG-M.jpg

Home I changed hats to a VS Stratoliner (sage beaver felt).

i-bwxrnHG-M.jpg

I headed over to the self serve car wash. The bug splatter on my auto was beyond hand washing. Thank goodness for the pressured spray. I wore a light weight Fox Brothers white flannel cap.

i-XCLJhQ6-M.jpg

i-8KmxWBs-M.jpg

Breakfast on the deck in an Austraian Stetson Whippet.

i-jKTWkVq-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Thanks for sharing your hats! I am glad to have business, but without more employees the weeks this summer have been very long and I really have not had time to share my hats.

Yesterday afternoon I took off. I thought a blue afternoon was in order. Thin ribbon'd Stratoliner hat was perfect.

i-hHD3nf2-M.jpg

i-RxQjwKC-M.jpg

i-zV8P895-M.jpg

i-hHkBCmQ-M.jpg

I ran an errand to the butcher shop in a cap before 6:00pm.

i-9NnwNKM-M.jpg

The early evening temps dropped into the lower 70's f and the winds picked up. Perfect sailing weather. A Knox Westlite was my late afternoon hat of choice.

i-5g3LcJ5-M.jpg

I parked myself on the dock and watched life float by for a while. This was an excellent backdrop when listening to technical sport training podcasts on my phone. A Gannon (bluemist beaver felt) Wanderer was my hat choice.

i-cxgGgnd-M.jpg

Morning found me out before the sun rise. The 57'f (14'c) morning temps were deliciously cool! Apparently my photo skills were challenged-pre-sun rise. I wore a pristine 30's Brock unlined homburg.

i-bwxrnHG-M.jpg

Home I changed hats to a VS Stratoliner (sage beaver felt).

i-bwxrnHG-M.jpg

I headed over to the self serve car wash. The bug splatter on my auto was beyond hand washing. Thank goodness for the pressured spray. I wore a light weight Fox Brothers white flannel cap.

i-XCLJhQ6-M.jpg

i-8KmxWBs-M.jpg

Breakfast on the deck in an Austraian Stetson Whippet.

i-jKTWkVq-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Wow Eric… what an amazing array of hats!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Where I work has experienced horrendous problems with staffing. It's all been down to self isolating, much of which is a malingerer's charter. What can anyone do though?

This maroon blazer needed a companion, something like a Stetson Sovereign, but it was my missus who made the baggy trousers and matching waistcoat/vest. And what a fine job she did, too.
maroon blazer grey baggies 006.JPG
maroon blazer grey baggies 007.JPG

Where I work has experienced horrendous problems with staffing. It's all been down to self isolating, much of which is a malingerer's charter. What can anyone do though?

This maroon blazer needed a companion, something like a Stetson Sovereign, but it was my missus who made the baggy trousers and matching waistcoat/vest. And what a fine job she did, too.
View attachment 353977 View attachment 353978

Looking sharp! Is that style of trouser intended to have that much break? It looks odd to my eye accustomed to seeing modern fits, but I do like the full/baggy cut. I’m not opposed to a more tailored fit either, but some of the trousers and suits seen in the last few years fit way too tight for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe