Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
"Wear the right hat for the occasion!" (Saturday Review Stetson Hats advertisement) "Right for dress-up: The Vogue."

The Stetson DeLuxe Vogue, originally priced @ $12.50, was my hat choice for morning excursions to pick up a pound of freshly roasted coffee. I need new coffee for my last on-line continuing education class of the semester this morning. I headed out in the Stetson hat.

DSC04440-M.jpg

1E4FFA62-50B9-43A4-9A8D-F87D22C4BF79-M.jpg

On-line does not mean I can not dress dapperly. My fellow on-line classmates do dress better than average.
About the fedora - This unique 40's hat is a very unique green hue sport'n a maroon/brown edge and ribbon treatment.

DSC04460-M.jpg

DSC04446-M.jpg

DSC04445-M.jpg

DSC04436-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Rumad

One Too Many
"Wear the right hat for the occasion!" (Saturday Review Stetson Hats advertisement) "Right for dress-up: The Vogue."

The Stetson DeLuxe Vogue, originally priced @ $12.50, was my hat choice for morning excursions to pick up a pound of freshly roasted coffee. I need new coffee for my last on-line continuing education class of the semester this morning. I headed out in the Stetson hat.

DSC04440-M.jpg

On-line does not mean I can not dress dapperly. My fellow on-line classmates do dress better than average.
About the fedora - This unique 40's hat is a very unique green hue sport'n a maroon/brown edge and ribbon treatment.

DSC04460-M.jpg

DSC04446-M.jpg

DSC04445-M.jpg

DSC04436-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Stunning

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

DSC04440-M.jpg

DSC04460-M.jpg

DSC04446-M.jpg

DSC04445-M.jpg

DSC04436-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Incredible, Eric!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That's a great story of love and determination, Gary.

My story's not as exotic or as interesting as yours, but I often think to myself, wow, you made it in another country man.

I'd definitely like to hear more about yours.

Long story. Here’s part 1:
New Zealanders are great travelers and it’s almost traditional to do an OE (overseas experience) straight out of university. Mine was to Japan, where I had a friend who organised a job for me in Kyoto. The plan was to stay for 6 months. While there, I undertook some language study (at the oldest language school in Japan - we studied while sitting on tatami mats at a low table). I extended my stay to a full year, during which time I gained a degree of proficiency in the language, but I had caught the bug and wanted to study more, so after an 18 month stay in New Zealand, I got back on a plane, this time without a job organised. I managed to find someone to employ me (on the sly, while I got my student visa organised) and spent my mornings at a language school and my afternoons working. Once my student visa came through, I began teaching English in the evenings. After that, met a girl, got married (in a shrine in traditional Japanese garb) and although we did spend about four years back in New Zealand (during which time I qualified as a high school maths & Japanese teacher), my wife had limited English and I missed Japan, so back we came. I taught English again, but my company went under (very stressful times). I got a job with the board of education, but wasn’t happy with it, so it was back to the books again, this time studying extramurally through a New Zealand university to get a post graduate diploma in teaching English as a second language with the expressed purpose of getting the position I’m in now. That gave us better security and allowed us to build a house & put down roots.
How’s life in Japan? Well clearly it agrees with me, but I’ll leave that for another day (if you’re still interested after reading this lengthy post!)

Gary

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Dang, a 50 gallon hat! Very cool Ross.

DSC04440-M.jpg

DSC04460-M.jpg

DSC04446-M.jpg

DSC04445-M.jpg

DSC04436-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That is a beautiful hat, Eric!
New/old Stetson Sovereign Twenty Mode edge. Hard to see in this pic but I gave it a tight pinch and pulled the brim lower to give it more of a 40's look.

View attachment 287453 View attachment 287454
Very sharp Randy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe