Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rain and strong winds today.
Vereinigte Hutwerke Guben Luxus in navy. It was up to the task.

IMG_1781.jpg

A Meister Filz Record on the train to Copenhagen this Sunday afternoon. My daughter wanted to wear it, too [emoji4]
2a4af2c664b4d39145e0d3377b42dc76.jpg
3c41249d441404c1950e62ea58e4be35.jpg
9ea56876bd8840ffb2a1d7cdbe379819.jpg
5161cb5842a25ac16da7f65232d5c1a1.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Say good bye to that hat, Steve! As is usually the case, she makes it shine!!
Better find another for yourself...

BTW, the porkpie you got from Stefan is another standout lid/look for you, my friend!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great hat and look for a foray into the forrest. What's the vintage of that hat? It appears to be a Boss with holes in it. I have a campaign hat that looks early based on the pebbled sweat and very thin reed, which is probably an actual, organic reed. It also has a deeply embossed Stetson stamp on the sweat, No. 1 Quality, but nothing to indicate that felt quality.
The Park Service must have been pretty flush at the time. Bull Moose years, maybe?

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
I'm guessing it's out of the 50s or 60s. I think the dimensions and block are the same as was used for the Boss, but it came to me with the usual campaign type bash. Yours sounds older.

Thanks,
Michael

Looking good Greg. Great hat, shades and mustache. :)

Thank you, Scott. Can't wait to see the nutria finished.

Incredible looking Stetson, Cuz! The crease is fantastic and the way that brim dips ever so subtly in front is sublime.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you, Cuz from one blistering end of our state to the middle, where I know you're cooking as well.

Yet another great Western, Greg. The ribbon and bow flow on the brim really appeal to me.
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Steve and I'm sorry for the loss of your hat. It looked really good on you but....

Rain and strong winds today.
Vereinigte Hutwerke Guben Luxus in navy. It was up to the task.

View attachment 186739
Perfect curl on that brim Stefan. I'll have to look this one up to see some detail shots. Very yummy 'berg!

New to me Strat
frXcPx8.jpg
rcdigox.jpg
biUHCXx.jpg
This one clicks all the boxes! Pristine! Made my morning.

Dobbs Sixteen Fifty on a damp morning
IMG_6300 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6301 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6302 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
9-29-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Sunday,
Michael
Love to revisit the sixteen fiddy Michael. Love this hat. I desire a jacket with the wonderful lines of this one.

Greetings loungers!
Short trip with my girl for food, coffee and cigar. This Hornskov fepsa beaver was my choice for today. One of my top custom hats so far. Vintage Karlskrona trilby for her :)
View attachment 186746 View attachment 186747 View attachment 186748
Have a nice Sunday,
Panos
Very impressive, looks to be a beautifully made fedora. Of course, whenever we include a beautiful woman in a hat, whatever the guy is wearing pales in comparison.

Ah! The joys of a Stage Manager. Wearing black, including my hats (provides a workout for this part of the collection) and dealing with feathers and glitter. The herpes of the stage! My crew had to add a stray Boa feather to the hat band of my Dobbs stingy. Sweet early 60s example (pre-1972 trademark on the Dobbs sweat logo), with wonderful felt texture. Today's show needs a stiff felt.

27Sep19 Dobbs Bolo Feather 550x.jpg
27Sep19 Dobbs Bolo feather bow 550x.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82