Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I don't know-- typically these all-black ones are reserved for evening and more formal dress, right?

Oh, I see what you mean. In some circles that may no doubt be true. But as we see all the time, personal style often trumps these sort of considerations. I would have thought that wearing black casually is well within your comfort zone.

:yo:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I agree with z, Jeff. You look good with the ensemble and appear at ease and comfortable, so I would not ruminate over proper etiquette too much.

scooter

Practically Family
You should however, ruminate your food thoroughly before you swallow........... oh wait, that's masticate!! My bad!!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
VS

IMG_1702.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Okay, Lexol not the universally approved product I thought. The sweat on the Strat is certainly on the edge with several small tears at the top. I may go on to try some other items. Shea Butter? Maybe I'll try that or some Obenauf's or Pecard's. The process needed is obviously more than just protection, but rejuvenation (a small piece of the sweat has already flaked off on me, it's even possible I am too late to save it, though it really doesn't look too bad).

I also have a product on hand called Renaissance Wax. It's highly recommended for things such as restoring old artwork and other valuable antiques, a very cool product. Tony Kanally of Milt Sparks Custom Holsters recommends it exclusively as the only product to ever put on their fine leather holsters. I wonder if it might be the way to go?

A while back I called Lexol and got the list of chemicals in their product, then looked them up. A few are known carcinogens, so pressing one's forehead against leather treated with it seems a bit reckless. Shea butter. Now we're talkin'!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
A while back I called Lexol and got the list of chemicals in their product, then looked them up. A few are known carcinogens, so pressing one's forehead against leather treated with it seems a bit reckless. Shea butter. Now we're talkin'!

Agreed. Sometimes the simpler natural options are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust