Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

You have to get used to the beret idea.They come in several diameters,colors,weights,etc.
I found that a beret is as easy to wear in rain,wind,etc as a flat cap,maybe easier.When you arrive somewhere,a beret can be folded and stuffed in your coat pocket.Sure,you get some odd looks and comments but I find that kind of fun.

I don't mind getting odd looks. Once you accept you're going to be known as "the fedora guy," it's easy to move into other hat styles without much worry.

I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

You have to get used to the beret idea.They come in several diameters,colors,weights,etc.
I found that a beret is as easy to wear in rain,wind,etc as a flat cap,maybe easier.When you arrive somewhere,a beret can be folded and stuffed in your coat pocket.Sure,you get some odd looks and comments but I find that kind of fun.
Being an English Canadian, toques fill that purpose for us! Probably in Quebec as well. And in the colder weather they can be pulled down over the ears. Don't have the same panache as a beret but hell we are Canadians.....panache is a foreign word!

image.jpeg

Like the true addict I am, I'm expecting delivery of several hats this week or maybe early next week. The hats cover a broad range:
1. SunBody 3" fine palm "fedora."
2. Stetson special edition hemp Stratoliner in sand color.
3. Akubra Balmoral hemp in Natural (to replace one I gave away).
4. Stetson dove gray St Regis Royal Deluxe homburg (purchased from the classifieds here at the Lounge).

In the wings I have two more SunBody hats, including a homburg, two more hemp Stratoliners, and I'm getting close to making the leap into ordering a custom hat(s). Oh yeah, I'm also bidding or following a few vintage hats on eBay.

Every time I think I need to slow down I see Short Balding Guy in some spectacular hat and it begins all over again.

Like the true addict I am, I'm expecting delivery of several hats this week or maybe early next week. The hats cover a broad range:
1. SunBody 3" fine palm "fedora."
2. Stetson special edition hemp Stratoliner in sand color.
3. Akubra Balmoral hemp in Natural (to replace one I gave away).
4. Stetson dove gray St Regis Royal Deluxe homburg (purchased from the classifieds here at the Lounge).

In the wings I have two more SunBody hats, including a homburg, two more hemp Stratoliners, and I'm getting close to making the leap into ordering a custom hat(s). Oh yeah, I'm also bidding or following a few vintage hats on eBay.

Every time I think I need to slow down I see Short Balding Guy in some spectacular hat and it begins all over again.
I forgot, I also have a Harris Tweed flat cap in the mail. I think cocain would be cheaper, but nowhere near as fun.

RJR

Being an English Canadian, toques fill that purpose for us! Probably in Quebec as well. And in the colder weather they can be pulled down over the ears. Don't have the same panache as a beret but hell we are Canadians.....panache is a foreign word!
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82