Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to Esquire?

shamus

Suspended
I just picked up a copy of Esquire mag... granted it's been a while since I last read a copy, but when did they turn into the rich-guys-maxim?

Mycroft

One Too Many
shamus said:
I just picked up a copy of Esquire mag... granted it's been a while since I last read a copy, but when did they turn into the rich-guys-maxim?

It's a bunch of interviews and nothingness now, I mean the interviewed Donald Rumfeld(SP), that is reserved for news magazines in my opinion.

Feraud

Bartender
I was never "into" Esquire. How is GQ doing nowadays? Still going as downhill as I thought it was? I used to have a subscription but let it lapse because I rarely read it. It was just more bird cage liner.

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
What's so wrong with Esquire

I love Esquire. It beats the hell out of the Maxim crowd. Lately they have run a bunch of intresting articles witten by soldiers from the Gulf. Hell they even printed an article about the only atomic bomb droped on American civilians. I had never heard of it and my Dad's from where it happened, I gave him plenty of flack over that. As far as being better than Maxim. The women are always better looking in Esquire and frankly I don't care about new drinking games and new ways to pick up chicks. I don't drink for sport and when I want chicks I'll find them, but don't tell my wife I said that. They have slow months but over all I've been very happy with it over the years.

I just started getting GQ. I usually finnish off Esquire and needed something else to read. So far it's pretty good. Kind of an Esquire for a younger crowd. The clothing advice is a little to hip for me but frankly the Esquire clothing advice is a little rich for me.

Keep in mind that both GQ and Playboy are offshoots of Esquire so it's not supprising GQ and Esquire have a bit in common.

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
You don't happen to have this issue do you?
clinton_cover.gif

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Unfortunately it is not the publication it was back in the day. It is a seedy read.

Saying a magazine is better than Maxim is like saying your fedora is better quality than a baseball cap. It still doesn't make it a good hat. ;)

Mycroft

One Too Many
GQ is ok, a fun read, no substance, though their political stuff and the length of their articles are great for long plane rides. I now read GQ more regularly because it is a fun break from the heavy reading (history etc.) that I normally do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe