Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Kishtu

Practically Family
HepKitty - have contacted my chum and her account in the Lounge is still active so I think she will be contacting you direct.

(Her name in RL is Anny but I still don't know what she posts as!)

HepKitty

One Too Many
Kishtu said:
HepKitty - have contacted my chum and her account in the Lounge is still active so I think she will be contacting you direct.

(Her name in RL is Anny but I still don't know what she posts as!)

awesome, much appreciated!

Pompidou

One Too Many
I've been working on opening a café for a couple years now, whilst working a mundane day job. I got fired from that Wednesday the 9th. Fortunately, in a couple of weeks I'll be sending in my loan application and business plan to the lender and consultant who's been helping me once I went the worker cooperative route, and I should be open by September, so I'm not worried. I have a routine hearing via telephone this coming Tuesday to determine eligibility for unemployment benefits, which is pretty much assured, so I'll just say I open my café for a living. The café won't be my job - it'll be my first ever career.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I'm a gum-popping, nail-filing snappy secretary at a university. With A LOT of down time right now. Hence being able to read all 47 pages of this thread in one morning....

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
After graduating in Philosophy last year, I'm now training to be a clinical hypnotherapist and have already started practising. I aim to get an MSC in the subject and eventually a PhD. I'm also investing in property having saved a lot of money, whilst doing the stereotypical "university" job.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Miss Scarlet said:
After graduating in Philosophy last year, I'm now training to be a clinical hypnotherapist and have already started practising. I aim to get an MSC in the subject and eventually a PhD. I'm also investing in property having saved a lot of money, whilst doing the stereotypical "university" job.

Oh good, so I have this recurring dream where I'm falling... just kidding, welcome to the Lounge, we're glad to have you. And the same to you MirandaFern

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Stay At Home Dad!!!

Here's the boss.
IMG_0766.jpg

Sometimes Home Inspector. I do maybe 2-3 houses per month on a good month.

lostinthe50's

New in Town
Well let's see...I am an automotive salesman during the day and a disc jockey of the evenings...that doesn't leave much time but I also try to spend as much time with the family as I can, so that I can be the best father I can be.... thats the problem with today (no family structure).:D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
57plymouth said:
Stay At Home Dad!!!

Here's the boss.
IMG_0766.jpg

Sometimes Home Inspector. I do maybe 2-3 houses per month on a good month.

Bravo for you! My DH is also doing this at the moment - stay-at-home dad. It's taken some adjusting (he is going to go to school full-time next month and we couldn't justify paying daycare expenses and having him work a part-time job around school hours), but he and our daughter are having a great time together. And I come home to a clean house since he LOVES to keep it neat and tidy! (I blame the U.S. Army for that one! :D )

SkullCowboy

New in Town
I work for a company that manufactures process control equipment for the oil industry. My semi official title is Engineering/R&D Minion. Mainly I try to keep the production dept from trying to kill the R&D/Engineering folks. ;)

James71

A-List Customer
Im a limnologist (water scientist) and manage water quality in the supply dams of Sydney for the government. Its nerdy. It involves analyzing lots of data. It doesn't impress chicks at parties.

"Some sort of scientist? Wow. Are you more like Sheldon or Leonard?"

Singer/singwriter/blues guitarist on the side. I play in a trio, a duo and do acoustic solo gigs.

Ive been known to play weddings but refuse to be known as a wedding singer, damnit. :rage:

Gromulus

Practically Family
Coatings Industry

Technical Director for a coatings (paint) manufacturing company. Manage R&D, Quality Control, and Regulatory/Environmental Departments. Almost as boring as it sounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld