Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sir RBH said:
yesterday.jpg
Sir, are you all buttoned up there? :eek:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
dschonn said:
3220610618_0e610ed4bb.jpg

It's my birthday today, so I am wearing my newly acquired vintage wool military trousers (from 1951, according to the printing on one of the pockets inside), my first and so far only eBay purchase. I tried to iron them, but it didn't take. Not enough steam, I think. Also my dad's old camel hair coat, an old tie from my friend's grandfather, a shirt that was new when I got it but I call old now, and you can't see my vest, but it's from Target. I will put on some shoes before venturing out of doors, rest assured.

Great look! Have you tried using a pressing cloth instead of regular ironing?

Sir RBH, my beard and moustache have occassionally elicited startled looks from children. When our little one arrives, it will not be one of those, since he or she will be used to facial hair.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
dschonn said:
3219542362_3a129833d4_o.jpg

This is actually yesterday. I made the shirt and topcoat. The jacket is inherited from my dad, the vest is from Target and the trousers from the Gap. My aunts made me the scarf for Christmas. The hat is in surprisingly good condition considering its age (8 years) and composition (wool). I like it.

I had just come back from Heimie's Haberdashery in St. Paul, Minnesota. I tried on a few hats, but didn't purchase because I am, in a word, skint. I did receive a complimentary sample of moustache wax, helpfully applied by a man with quite an impressive specimen on his own upper lip, and judging by the improbable form it took, he'd not spared the wax for it. I'd never waxed my moustache before and I'm not sure I like it. Sticky. Aromatic. Waxy.

I really, really like your style:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
And that coat is a winner!!!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

donCarlos

Practically Family
So I finally have a herringbone jacket to wear with my herringbone coat. I love this look. One question - what do you think about me and the hat?
Again, the photo is bad, cause I have no usable lights for photographing here.

2009_01250002.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
If you want a non-expert woman's view point, I think the hat looks great!
Of course I want your view-point. Because it´s the ladies we are all doing these things for, aren´t we?

The thing is that I can find only narrow brimmed hats which don´t really go well with my round face. I´ve never noticed it before, but my face is much rounder than a year ago... God help me, I can´t be getting fat!

Bugsy

One Too Many
donCarlos said:
So I finally have a herringbone jacket to wear with my herringbone coat. I love this look. One question - what do you think about me and the hat?
Again, the photo is bad, cause I have no usable lights for photographing here.

2009_01250002.jpg

I think the entire outfit looks terrific. Nice jog.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
donCarlos said:
Of course I want your view-point. Because it´s the ladies we are all doing these things for, aren´t we?

The thing is that I can find only narrow brimmed hats which don´t really go well with my round face. I´ve never noticed it before, but my face is much rounder than a year ago... God help me, I can´t be getting fat!

Well, time marches on.....and so do our waist-lines! lol
You look great and so does your outfit.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I'll jump on board.

Lately I've had several occasions to put on suits and/or blazers - - I've just been in too much of a hurry to get photos.

Tonight I wore this get-up to a function. The jacket was today's thrift store find at $5.00 :D . The watch is a '40s Benrus. The cat's eye cufflinks and the pocket square were my father's from the '40s as well. The hat is my Borsalino roll-up.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene said:
I'll jump on board.

Lately I've had several occasions to put on suits and/or blazers - - I've just been in too much of a hurry to get photos.

Tonight I wore this get-up to a function. The jacket was today's thrift store find at $5.00 :D . The watch is a '40s Benrus. The cat's eye cufflinks and the pocket square were my father's from the '40s as well. The hat is my Borsalino roll-up.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Sir RBH said:
Hello
On the subject of moustaches I thought I would show mine.. now sadly not in existence.. it scares the children, so had to shave it off!!

However, I did enjoy my moustache..

RBH
CharcoalCheck2pce003.jpg

yesterday.jpg

I don't know which outfit I like better.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe