Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Cheers HBK.

The first three are sports jackets, the last one is a the jacket from a summer weight suit (probably 1960s, it has trousers that are way too narrow for my tastes).

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Went with some friends the other day to restored 35 mm screening of "Safety Last" at the Film Forum. Mixed up my '30s and '50s garb to try and get a 1920's-esque feel to go with the 1923 film.
CIMG5020_zps5fa60fac.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
G.E.F: I like the blue vest and the glasses and collar-bar. Very snappy.

G.I.J: That bicycle is really neat. What make & model, and how old is it? I love vintage bicycles. One day I'd like to own one.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
G.E.F: I like the blue vest and the glasses and collar-bar. Very snappy.

G.I.J: That bicycle is really neat. What make & model, and how old is it? I love vintage bicycles. One day I'd like to own one.
Thanks is a british Raleigh 3 Speed. I think this Bicycle was made in the late 40is, but the Model is older

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Hi Joe if the rear wheel is original there will be a date on the rear Sturmey Archer AW hub ? , 5 48 would be May 1948, 7 53 would be July 1953, 6 61 would be February 1961 and 11 74 would be November 1974 etc, etc.....that particular model was made from the mid 1930's to the mid 1980's!

Mr Badger

Practically Family
We went for a stroll down to our local vintage market today and thought it was time to road test my new seersucker suit – it's only a Nautica but the cut's quite good and after several pints of pale ale in the sunny garden of our local public house, said garment and its inhabitant were both starting to look pleasingly rumpled! Mrs Badger snapped this on the way home...

945275_10152777630025471_91094998_n.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Thanks, gents – did get a mite too relaxed during the course of the afternoon, though! Yesterday evening was pretty much a write-off... :D

I do like the suit but really need to change out the black buttons for white ones, as that allows you to wear lighter colours with it – somehow, the black buttons necessitate dark-hued accessories...

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Hmm! I think they compliment the bowtie and black sections in your shoes, though I see what you are saying...perhaps have them removed and get two removable sets of buttons one white one dark blue/navy black like the ones you get for waistcoats?

re the afternoon been there seen that done that had the lettuce in the ear on waking!

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
computer was down for the count part of last week, so this is from 5/1.

My bf Tom practicing at his 1942 piano in his 1941 house. Wearing his new-to-him vintage midnight blue Hollywood waist trousers, that were an early bday gift from me in time for our upcoming trip to Catalina Island for the Avalon Ball:

IMG_1151.jpg

A FL friend said he looked very Ronald Colman here, I agreed. All he needs is an ascot:

or maybe Tom's looks remind one of Stewart Granger:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld