Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Maguire

Practically Family
Mario- that DB suit is awesome, your suits in general are always pretty solid choices.

Shooman: thanks, i've heard that sometimes, even if i am not wearing a suit that i give off the "classic" vibe. Its good that it looks natural rather than forced, more than anything.

djgo cat: It really depends on my mood, but that particular suit is really hard to match with anything. The shirt and tie definitely don't make it jump out, but they do go in terms of colors. Like wearing a grey suit and a dark tie. I've only just started using that suit though, so i'm sure i'll have plenty of time to see what works and what doesn't.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Last night at the opening of famed rock photographer Robert Kinght's art gallery with my new friend.

IMG_0272-CROP-small.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
sproily said:
What material is that?

Edit. Oh never mind. Wool Blend.

It looks so odd.. I don't know

The pictures don't really do it justice.. this picture gives the impression it's cotton, has to do with the colour also I guess..

At first I wasn't very pleased with the fabric.. I had the suit made in a hurry because of a wedding bla, bla.. The suit-fabric was sold to me as CoolWool, with Cashmere.. It turned out to have much less wool content than I would have liked, but, I'm fine with it now.

I like the suit and people around these parts stare at me in amazement whenever I wear it. I get a lot of compliments on that suit..

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Huzzah! My luggage came in, which means I actually have more than one pair of trousers. It was not really that bad waiting, and I had the clothes I needed, it was just the suspense not knowing if I should be looking for a whole new wardrobe. Also, my St. Regis special was in my luggage, which made me even more paranoid.

Anyway, here is what I am wearing for what will likely be another afternoon/evening in the city being a tourist.
IMG_8546.jpg

The ascot will probably come off at some point, as it is quite warm here.

sproily

Practically Family
Those are amazing shoes Alan. I really love the last. It's the EG staple, right? Edward Green still holds on to those 30's looks. I have a pair with almost exact same last shape. Lovely shoes!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
djgo-cat-go said:
DSC00508.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

Going to a party tonight, I decided to wear this ensemble. What you can't see in the pics is the belted-back.. it's my only Magnoli suit.

Fantastic. You really nailed the measurements and got a great "fit" - which one of Indy's suits is it... I want one!

Is the hat a Campdraft?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
OBR 8

This is from last Sunday, just recived the photo. More 60s meets the 00s, than fedora! It was at the Old Bike Run 8. It started at Golden Colorado and went up through the Rocky Mountains, now I remember why I live here! Long day, cold in the morning, still lots of snow in places, but good food and over 100 motorcycles, but not crowded, we were well spread out. Wasn't sure I would be allowed to ride since I was on my 2002 Sportster, turned out, no worries, every one liked the mods I did to it. Can't wait tell next year! Some of the riders I will see again this Saturday at the Colorado Norton Club picnic. Great bunch of riders!
me.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld