Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
I agree, though I’m not against a bit of shoulder padding myself;), but then again I’m built like a garden rake and have square shoulders so the late thirties are a perfect silhouette for me, (more than the earlier years) as it combines both femininity and the need/want for a broader shoulder line. Anyhow…

From a while ago ( I don't think I posted this, if so, sorry!)- the skirt is part of a 40/50’s suit, but it was far too hot to wear the jacket.
-Blouse knitted by yours truly,
-Sun glasses late 30’s,
-Parasol, 20’s,
-Scarf, 30’s and
-Hat, 40’s.
P1010447.JPG

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
30's dress that I bought in a flea market a couple of weeks ago, I really love the shape :)
Sorry for the messy face and hair, it's been scorching hot in Finland for the last few weeks and trying to do any kind of makeup is completely out of question :-D

20110728-bluedress.jpg

20110728-bluedress-2.jpg

Another great dress danu. I love the neck on this one and the tube sleeves, and your hair looks totally cute so whatever. Is that the original belt?

thedanu

Familiar Face
I guess who is the influence here and I support it ;-)

the 20s had a low and almost invisible waist on dresses. the 40s dresses and womens suits have too much shoulder padding for my taste. so the 30s have the perfect feminine silhouette

hahhaa, I think you got your guess right indeed! ;-D

I'm certainly too curvy for the 20s' style, and not really much into shoulder padding either... so I guess I'm going to try to stay mostly in the 30s from now on :)

thedanu

Familiar Face
I agree, though I’m not against a bit of shoulder padding myself;), but then again I’m built like a garden rake and have square shoulders so the late thirties are a perfect silhouette for me, (more than the earlier years) as it combines both femininity and the need/want for a broader shoulder line. Anyhow…

From a while ago ( I don't think I posted this, if so, sorry!)- the skirt is part of a 40/50’s suit, but it was far too hot to wear the jacket.
-Blouse knitted by yours truly,
-Sun glasses late 30’s,
-Parasol, 20’s,
-Scarf, 30’s and
-Hat, 40’s.
P1010447.JPG

really lovely! <3

would it be possible at all to see some picture of the inside of the parasol? it looks quite intriguing :)

thedanu

Familiar Face
Another great dress danu. I love the neck on this one and the tube sleeves, and your hair looks totally cute so whatever. Is that the original belt?

thank you very much! no it isn't, that belt was found in a different flea market and I'm actually not sure about how old it is. But the dress seems to have had a belt that was about that width and I thought the colour was fitting enough. It would be wonderful if I'd manage to find a fitting hat though :)

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
This is from yesterday in the Sir Joseph Banks conservatory at the Lawns, Lincoln.
31072011494.jpg

And this is from Saturday at Heckington Village Show.
30072011487.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
This was me last night going out to dinner - 1950's dress, lucite purse, LK Bennett taupe heels, finished off with a lemon cashmere bolero:

006.jpg

012.jpg

My dry pin curl set didn't quite work out as it had done a couple of weeks ago - it didn't matter anyway as it was drizzling rain all evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe