Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Why here? And your point would be what?

IMHO, you are laying a gigantic poop on this illustrious thread.

Um.... my ORIGINAL post was a thread of it's own. I don't know why it was merged with this one.

I did so as to not "lay a gigantic poop on this illustrious thread."

But since you asked what my point is. I am looking for those people that do not work in the offices or bans or any other place that dressing up is common. I am looking for those people out there that have the jobs like burger flipping, or stock boy. The jobs that require you to wear a uniform every day (and with the way jobs are now, I am sure there are a lot of us out there). Do you dress nice, go into work, change, then get off and change back?

Or what about the people that do have to dress up every day for those office jobs. do you still dress up on your days off, or is that when you "relax" in jeans and a t-shirt?

I am not trying to start any problems here. I am just curious. We all enjoy the life style this board talks about. but people that love renaissance fairs don't dress up as knights and kings all day every day, (well most don't LOL).

Thanks

Last edited:

Torpedo

One Too Many
Going back to our regular programmation... ;)

This I wore on the 6th - this is a holiday in Spain, the Three Wise Men Day, which marks the end of Christmas period. They bring presents, much like Santa Claus. This is a children-focused day (as is the 5th, with cavalcades and the like), so I deliberately chose a more "relaxed", festive pattern for the bow tie, to go to the family gathering, with all the kids.

I spiced up the outfit with a silk pocket square too, instead of my usual cotton or linen "everyday" PSs. Its main red colour picks on one on the bow tie's accents, and its golden pattern, on another. The red goes well with the hat's bow accent, in addition.

P1010187B.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC_0791-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
1930s Astrakhan overcoat with an early '40s suit.
1940s Stetson Bantam fedora.
me167.jpg

me169.jpg

Love those NOS vintage deerskin gloves.
NOSvintagegloves001.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Looking good today gentlemen. :eusa_clap

I love the touch of red on that hat Torpedo; Mario is looking smooth as always, even without the black pocket square; and Thunderw21 what a great combination of actual vintage items. I like the look of those gloves.

It doesn't get more classic or classy than this!!
:eusa_clap

Thanks Bugsy.

Looks good Honda Enoch. Not grungy at all. I think it has just the kind of look you were going for.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I see these threads have been merged. Oh well. Honda Enoch, this is just an example of what may be my typical style right now. I've only recently acquired it, but today I'm wearing a corduroy sport coat with a dress shirt (light blue checker-patterned), off-white chinos, black loafers, and matching belt.

Photoon2011-01-09at2002.jpg

I didn't wear a hat or a tie today, but I would say that most of the time I don't, either. I will say that I wear a hat much more often than I wear a tie, but I have an appreciation for the necktie as well. I don't understand why it's so disdained in modern society.

Derek WC

Banned
I am looking for those people that do not work in the offices or bans or any other place that dressing up is common.

In woodshop and manufacturing at school I wear what I do every day, sports coat, tie, and dress pants. However I would not wear a vintage suit to school due to the risk of destroying it.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
We have many threads about us wearing our vintage clothing and such. but what to you all wear normally, just to go to work, or to the store, or to hang out with friends?

I can't imagine everyone dressing up in suits and ties or dresses and skirts ALL THE TIME.

I wear either a dress or skirt each day, to work and otherwise. Usually one piece is vintage, or my accessories at least. The last time I even owned a pair of pants was 18 years ago! Doubt they'd fit now...oop! :(
X
BD

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I agree with you Marla, I also prefer to wear dresses and skirts, but rarely ever a suit. Though when my high waisted Kate Hepburn style RL wool trousers from several years back finally do wear out, I'm having them cut apart and a pattern made.

Actually...I'd say a good number of us do indeed wear dresses and skirts and suits "ALL THE TIME".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe