Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
metropd said:
Thank you! BTW that hat looks impeccable on you. Is it the same fedora I sold to you? It looks like it.

Thanks, it is indeed the same hat. Incidentally, it has now been immortalised on Bluray...(!)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey thank you for posting the picture, Mario...and thanks for the nice comments :)
Unfortunaly the picture is tooo dark to see the ladie's dresses. Lotte and Janet really know how to sew a beautiful outfit...oh my!

It was a great night indeed. I really enjoyed meeting all the nice people from berlin ...and even finland. I hope to see you again soon!!!

Kiri

One of the Regulars
36814368.png

22855226.png

Nearly everything is thrifted, to be honest it was a rather lazy outfit as I haven't been feeling well.
Further description on my blog. :)

Kiri

One of the Regulars
61937885.png

86397312.png

Worn around the house and to a tiny theatre to watch a movie (Of course, what else would I be doing at a theatre? lol).

Derek WC

Banned
Wow, you look stunning Kiri. :eusa_clap

Anyway's, here is my ensamble:

WhatImWearingToday1.jpg

Modern white VanHausen shirt, also modern Haggar light navy blue pants, Ralph Lauren single breasted notch lapel brown herringbone.

Just got to thinking... if I would have left it colored, I wouldn't have needed to explain the colors. :eusa_doh:

Cricket

Practically Family
Kiri, those cute sweaters are getting me in the mood for cooler weather. It is still in the upper 90s here, and I am so ready for cardigans and knits.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mario said:
Early 50's bold look suit, 1940's Brooks De Luxe fedora, 1930's tie by Regal Aire.
Everything is lovely except for that shirt collar. Maybe it's just me but a short leaf/point needs some bones.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Everything is lovely except for that shirt collar. Maybe it's just me but a short leaf/point needs some bones.

Thanks. Of course you're right about that collar, but this was the only clean gray shirt I had in my wardrobe today. The other ones are still hanging out dry... :eek: ;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
If I am not wrong, Tomasso is suggesting a spearpoint collar shirt, or at least some more "point" to the collar, to better balance the outfit.

I think Tomasso is actually referring to collar bones or - more commonly - collar stays. Little strips of bone, plastic or other rigid material that you slip into special pockets on the underside of a shirt's collar to stabilize the point. The collar on the shirt that I wore yesterday is rather short and also curls slightly inward, so it would be a good idea to straighten it with said collar bones. The problem is that not every shirt has those pockets. Just like mine.

Mother_of_pearl_collar_bone.jpg

removable_collar_stays_popup.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe