Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
1950s sport coat, 1940s 'Fiesta' tie by Towncraft (looks like antlers from a Dr. Seuss critter) and a 1940s sword tie bar by Anson.

seusstie100.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Casual today.
Photo37-1.jpg

Worth and Worth linen cap
Oxford
Tan/greenish trousers (wool but very light weight.
Suspenders (Originally the clippy type, but I made leather button holes for them).

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Panache said:
Edward,

My understanding is that in the UK Scottish boy scouts (or boy scouts of Scottish heritage) may wear their clan tartan* while Irish boy scouts (or boy scouts of Irish heritage) may wear a saffron kilt.

In keeping with the Scottish Scouting tradition I am wearing my clan tartan, Galbraith.

Cheers

Jamie

* I believe there is a neat little story where the then Chief of Clan Maclaren stated that to those boy scouts in Scotland who had no clan tartan that he considered them all his clan and could wear the Maclaren tartan. Not sure if it is true or not but there are historic conections with the Clan Maclaren and the Scouts from the beginning of the scouting movement.

Not a bad plan. then, if it ever comes down to a clan war, this clan will have the benefit of a lot of paramilitary trained youth with an allgience to your clan.

Lottie

Familiar Face
Today (at the Technikmuseum Speyer):
DIY dress, bamboo earrings& bangles, flowery hair clips and flats. And a car thats unfortunately never going to be mine :D

P1030396_1.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
manton said:
Three-piece suit made from 15 ounce twill worsted. Not vintage, but woven the old fashioned way. The vest is eight button DB with big wide shawl lapels. Again, not vintage (made this year) but old fashioned. Looks something like the suit on the right:

graysbmx2.jpg

This sounds really nice. I would love to see a picture of you in the suit!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
First day of my semester, with a white dress shirt, maroon tie with little golden square motifs, and charcoal slacks:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9921/dsc00176q.jpg

Second day, with a light blue oxford shirt, black-on-grey tie, and charcoal grey slacks:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6691/dsc00179m.jpg

I have actually been complimented on more than one occasion, by professors and students alike for my rather dressy attire. I wasn't necessarily expecting anything of the sort, but it's apparent that my apparel, especially different from what most choose to wear, is appreciated by some. My hair in the pictures is styled with Brylcreem, a simple side-part with a wave in the front. The second day I didn't use as much as the first, however. I'm afraid that I didn't wear any hats, either. That'll come next time though! :cool:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Despite it being September, we've had some nice days so I'm wearing a summer outfit. Way to warm to break out the tweeds!

Modern linen suit
Olney boater
Navy pointed bowtie and red pocket square to go with the navy and red of the boater's hatband
Brown wingtips

Someday I'll get a vintage linen suit, but I've never found one in my size.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lottie said:

Lottie...

What can I say? Looking very good as always. You never cease to amaze me with those DIY dresses of yours. And just like you once coordinated your ice cream with the color of your hair, you managed to coordinate your dress with that lovely car in the back. Go get one (and if it's just to give the folks at the next Boheme Sauvage a run for their money)! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe