Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Unfortunately I don't have a pic but today I decided to go for the vintage Americana look.
vintage Big Smith bib overall
shirt by Wrangler
Roebucks Chore coat
B Wear newsboy
hair, styled by Sweet Georgia Brown:D
Clubman Bay Rum a/s
vintage Waltham pocket watch
Boots by Dickies
vintage Kaywoodie pipe filled with Prince Albert.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nigel said:
Unfortunately I don't have a pic but today I decided to go for the vintage Americana look.
vintage Big Smith bib overall ...

That sounds like my every-day wardrobe choice since retiring from a public job. There's nothing like a pair of bib overalls for comfort and function when working, and they have the added benefit of a "vintage look" (especially after a couple months of really working in them).

While not today (I'm wearing a three-piece, gray suit for church today), this is my take on the "vintage Americana look".

DSC03831.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Big Man said:
That sounds like my every-day wardrobe choice since retiring from a public job. There's nothing like a pair of bib overalls for comfort and function when working, and they have the added benefit of a "vintage look" (especially after a couple months of really working in them).

While not today (I'm wearing a three-piece, gray suit for church today), this is my take on the "vintage Americana look".

DSC03831.jpg

Beautiful shot! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
VINTAGE last night: Worn to the USS Hornet in Alameda. Listened and danced to the Glenn Miller Orchestra! Did not have a vintage hairstyle, my sister French braided it, I added a jeweled flower

Vintage pieces:
1940s raspberry (photographing coral here) Rayon full length evening gown with old gold and dusty aqua beading at neck, earrings and matching necklace, ruched gloves, 1940s American Optical eyeglasses, slip, purse, stroller length fur coat
Modern pieces: favorite Miriam Haskel pearl cuff, nude Ballroom dance shoes

07192010croppedIMG5381resized.jpg

07192010AfinishedIMG5385resized.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Big Man said:

I love the fit a feel of a pair of bib overalls, you get some strange looks around these parts though, nobody wears bib overalls around here. I suppose I'm used to strange looks though, nobody wears western hats either 'cept for me, they'll get over itlol
Great pic BM, I've seen other pics of you, probably partly inspired me to try the look.

Edward

Bartender
hailey greenhat said:
Ooo! The Chaps! I'm making it a point to go one year, the photos are always so fantastic. You look very dapper.

Thank-you! Plan to come next year, it really is tremendous fun. There's a fairly large FL contingent here in London, many of whom were in attendance yesterday; I'm sure we'd all love to show you around town. :)

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Edward I will try my best for next year. :eek:fftopic: I've noticed there are quite a few English loungers, i envy you all!
Geronimo said:
IMG_0363.jpg

Sunbody Sam Houston hat (4" brim). Looks better from a distance, but my arm doesn't reach very far. lol
You know, i was thinking that hat reminded me of a texan, very nice Geronimo :)

Panache

A-List Customer
Stayed a few days in The City and had the opportunity to stroll through the San Francisco Botanical Garden.

DSC03272.jpg

I like this outfit a lot but the stick I have doesn't seem quite right for setting...

So I picked up these from the local kilt shop :)

DSC03346.jpg

A shooting (seat stick) and an ash crommach (a very traditional/vintage accessory for highland attire)

Cheers

Jamie

Edward

Bartender
Lottie said:
It's cooled down to 25°C (77°F) here and I'll take my bike to go grocery shopping, so I'm wearing trousers:

(sorry for the bad picture)

IMG_0577.jpg

I refuse to believe you are capable of appearing in a bad picture! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe