Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

analiebe

A-List Customer
BRAVO! absolutely wonderful!

PADDY said:
FILMNOIR001-1.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
sproily said:
driverq.jpg

more of a taxi driver look today

I like seeing you in it, but I don't think I personally would do it. For me, it is too much pattern-clash. I'd wear a solid coat with the rest of the ensemble: a burgundy if possible.

But you still look great -- don't get me wrong.

Maguire

Practically Family
Wow i was under the impression paddy's picture was an old screenshot from say, Dial M for Murder or some early Hitchcock film.

Torpedo

One Too Many
These are from yesterday and today...

Here I attempted a plaid with plaid combo:

DSC_0784.jpg

(See here for more pics
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2108&page=20 )

Here, a more conventional and classic ensemble:

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

Hat is black (vintage Stetson Whippet), jacket is charcoal, shirt white with black pinstripe, collar bar silver, tie charcoal grey and silver with black accents, trousers light grey with a micro-pattern (invisible from any distance) in black which gives a darker grey. Initially, I accessorized with a white pocket square, but I felt it looked too formal (this was just another day at work), so I substituted one with grey accents, which, besides, picked on the tie tones.

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Sproily, I was just wondering if anything has ever not looked great on you? :D

Paddy, I actually scrolled past your post at first because I assumed it was a screen shot from an old movie I hadn't seen. It looked that authentic. :eek:

Creeping Past

One Too Many
sproily said:
taxi driver look

I think this is a good combination of textures, colours and shapes. Just one suggestion. Perhaps have the waistcoat taken in a little, so it fits more snugly. Jackets can stand being a little on the large side, but in my view waistcoats should be closer-fitting.

sproily

Practically Family
Was playing basketball with my friend today in quite a different outfit than usual

ballboy2.jpg

And this camera phone photo turned out quite old looking! :cool2:
ballboy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe