Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
372551750.jpg
372551393.jpg
[/CENTER]

Carey, this all looks so wonderful I am going to have to have a vintage tea party of my own! I'll have to borrow you and your lovely friends to complete the atmosphere though. Not to mention those delicious looking cookies. I am especially lusting after those little gift box cakes.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the kind compliments Helysoune.

The answer to your question is:
Yes. I just don't have my husband take pics of those days, so I cannot post them here:) But even my "casual" non-vintage wardrobe is fairly dressy; 3/4 sleeve linen blouses or silk blouses, etc wool or linen trousers, with lots of skirts and dresses too. I probably wear a top/blouse and skirt or dress look five out of seven days a week, and I'm a full stay at home mom. I just prefer to dress like I'm ready to go ballroom dancing or to church at any moment...

I own NO hoodies or sweatpants with logos on the butt, and I have no UGGS or skimpy t-shirts.

As our family is getting more connected to more vintage dance events and similar themed places to go to, the vintage wear is taking precedence.

Helysoune said:
chanteuseCarey, is there ever a time when you don't look completely fabulous? Wonderful looks!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
modeling/wearing in my vintage 40s blue-gray rayon & wool jacket for these pics this evening. In prep for a vintage themed Tea Party afternoon tomorrow at our home... Asked the guests to wear vintage from Edwardian era to end of WWII.I'll be wearing a vintage late 30s early 40s navy blue lace dress.
372443455.jpg

372443462.jpg

chanteuse, this is a work of art, in my humble opinion :eusa_clap :eusa_clap beautiful, and those eye-lashes must touch the lenses of your glasses am I right?

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Style-wise, I adore 20s, 30s, (between the Wars, basically), but on hot days like this, I don't like the idea of perspiring in my delicate vintage bits, so throw on modern-made clothes that at least nod to other eras.
3854102092_64b1b83fcf_b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you djgo-cat-go! How kind you are, sir. The eyelashes are a medium length synthetic, and they do not touch my modern and vintage eyeglasses. I specifically checked (and rechecked) with the cosmetician regarding that or they would be a no deal. I was just trying for 'Golden Era glamour' posed photos, that would show off the hairstyle, lashes and my 40s makeup well.

djgo-cat-go said:
chanteuse, this is a work of art, in my humble opinion :eusa_clap :eusa_clap beautiful, and those eye-lashes must touch the lenses of your glasses am I right?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you to everyone here on this thread specifically and on FL in general that have posted the encouraging comments regarding my vintage mostly 40s and sometimes 30s look. Its important to hear feedback that I'm doing this well or not. I truly feel that this era is such a 'good fit' for me as they say out here. I feel I've come a long way in such a few short months, its kind of a wonderful whirlwind!

As I mentioned on a Hats thread, I feel like I've sort of become an "Everyday Woman of the Golden Era"! Gee, all I need is a late 30s or early 40s automobile and I'd really be ALL set! Maybe when we eventually need to replace the minivan...;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
First time worn, a great little 40s vintage blouse. Found at the Alameda Flea Market in July. The color combination on this is very unusual to the modern eye, a dark green and dusty light peach. It has great features; long pointed collar, curved pointed faux pocket flaps, and halo buttons. It has long belt loops, but the original belt is long gone, so for the sepia shot I substituted with a belt of similar width. I tried a thinner belt with this and it completely changed the fit of the blouse. The collar and cuffs have fade marks on the front of them. The back fabrics are like new, so I'm going to remove them, turn them around and resew.

When I took my hair down this morning and did lots of finger fluffing, and then clipped up the sides- I looked at myself in the mirror without my eyeglasses and thought to myself, 'Oh, my gosh- shades of June Allyson in The Glen Miller story!':) So I put on the blouse and especially some pearls for these photos.

I'm very pleased with the end results of this particular photo session.
Taken three days shy from my fifty-first birthday.
I'm calling it "The Wife on the Home Front Portrait Series".
372674054.jpg

372674064.jpg

372674067.jpg
\
372674059.jpg

372674050.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap FABULOUS as always Paddy, dear and I will make no dumb remarks abut you being outstanding in your field- oops I just did! Very dashing not only as in OfA, but also in a Stewart Granger King Solomon's Mines sort of way... delicious!!

PADDY said:
Just out exercising the 'boys' (dogs) this morning, and what a fine African morning it is indeed!!
SAFARIJACKET027.jpg
/QUOTE]

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Looking particularly depression-esque on the first day of my new semester...

My favorite newsboy cap, Levis 501 red-line re-pops, gray chin-strap workshirt from the GAP, engineer boot (which you can't see), and last but not least, a vintage whipcord jacket w/. a killer belt-back detail(which again, you can't see).
IMG_0808.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Breakdown of items worn...

Thanks one-and-all for the kind remarks, and to answer your questions as best I can...

JACKET: Ralph Lauren Bush Jacket (brass eyelets on belt and leather buckle) in mid weight cotton. (Thanks to Mike K).

HAT: Australian rabbit felt "Statesman" bush hat (from Australia - similar models via Akubra).

SHORTS: Vintage 'styled' shorts with tie cord to front (but not original vintage).

SOCKS: Very old hand knitted wool socks (only for photos, as my grandmother knitted these many years ago - so a treasure of mine).

BOOTS: RedWing 'Gentleman Travellers.' (Made in USA).

WATCH: Old 'Deco' style Oris watch on a military styled leather strap (Made by Jurgen of Germany - he makes vintage straps even out of old WWI gun holster leather! recommended highly!!).

UNDERWEAR: 1940's jungle Aertex undies - Only KIDDING..!!!;)

SAFARIJACKET021.jpg

High Pockets

Practically Family
ThesFlishThngs said:
Style-wise, I adore 20s, 30s, (between the Wars, basically), but on hot days like this, I don't like the idea of perspiring in my delicate vintage bits, so throw on modern-made clothes that at least nod to other eras.
3854102092_64b1b83fcf_b.jpg

:) Looks really nice,...my little sister used to wear saddle shoes when we were little,....kinda brings back great memories!

Also wanted to say "Hi", we don't live too far from you and I probably work near your neighborhood!

babs

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
Just out exercising the 'boys' (dogs) this morning, and what a fine African morning it is indeed!!

SAFARIJACKET027.jpg

SAFARIJACKET018-1.jpg

SAFARIJACKET016.jpg

SAFARIJACKET021.jpg

Sorry, I just had a thought when I saw these (which are awesome shots by the way)...

"I'm sitting here observing while Jim is wrestling that lion.. oh.. wait.. uh oh.. Jim's got his hands full.. I'll send our local guide in to assist... Ouch.. Poor Jim.. That's going to leave a mark for sure."

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe