Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Yes, these are the Trafalgar ones. We recently saw a pair at a show with the Romeo and Juliet design- shoulda snagged 'em when we had the chance...

Anthony Jordan said:
Very nice! I also like your husband's bold striped shirt and Trafalgar Limited Edition (?) braces.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Yes, it was a really wonderful way as a family to spend an holiday afternoon. We already had the clothes and hats, so that was easy!

There were many Art Deco Society and BAWHMRS folks that came, so we had the opportunity to visit with them. Great talking corsets, hats and hair with the gals, and vintage clothes with the guys! All the men wear gorgeous vintage outfits, and they love to talk clothes- very cool! During the mens' fashion contest (best dressed gentleman)- three of the contestants flashed their fancy patterned socks and their sock garters! Too funny...

I've got more pics of course that I'm in the process of cropping and resizing. When done and uploaded to my Picture Trail, I'll post more pics in the Events section.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
The day started out cooler than it's been, so I wore this today.

Double breasted suit
Vintage Radiac collar
My favourite Tootal tie
Lee lightweight fedora
New Clarks leather soled shoes

DSC00102.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
You're so handsome!
Makes me want to sew some white linen trousers. Would you tell me what kind of linen I should look for? The fabric looks smooth and not seethrough, which is the opposite of what I find here.

mike said:

Mary

Practically Family
Chartreuse Carey, I'm very fond of your parasols,do you happen to know somewhere to get hold of one?

Thought I'd post share some photos of me. I want to get a good habit like you. Photos are not from today cause today's a sixties day. Waring a sixties turquise dress with matching earings.

Next time I'll get purses and jackets in the pictures so I actually get an outfit in the picture. And maybe less of my mess!

Before a night out.
2009_06290090629southisland0002.jpg

After a night out.
2009_06290090629southisland0007.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just came back from a 40s/50s weekender, and thought I'd share (ie outrageously show off) my outfits! Well I thought you guys would appreciate them anyway.

Friday day and night:

3695551662_e38c3e618f.jpg

3694743311_e555fee876.jpg

Saturday day & night:

3694744097_e175bd85e4.jpg

3695554060_b06c14d486.jpg

And Sunday day & night!

3695554284_1de6a0fa28.jpg

3695555236_b36d31f452.jpg

(This is actually a playsuit and skirt, see here for playsuit view!)

Plus a bonus dancing lesson shot! :p

3695554764_017174c992.jpg

Panache

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
Here I am in a picture that appeared in today's (July 5th) San Francisco Chronicle!
ba-fourth05_ph3_0500338980.jpg

cC,

Marvelous outfit and fantastic family photo! However I think that your husband needs a camera that is a little more flash powder and a little less digital to be perfect! :)

Cheers

Jamie

Panache

A-List Customer
Today's outfit

Elsewhere on the Fedora Lounge is a thread all about "man purses"

The two I have are rather modern looking Swiss Army "Field Packs" so I didn't bother posting to it. However the other day at Target I saw this larger canvas looking messenger bag on clearance for $15 and thought it would go well with my new military styled jacket.

DSC09532.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Panache

A-List Customer
By the by, I found this earlier post on this thread from Hemingway Jones rather prophetic:

Hemingway Jones said:
I was thinking that this thread could go on forever. ;)

Especially considering he wrote that 3 1/2 years ago! lol

Cheers

Jamie

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Panache said:
Today's outfit

Elsewhere on the Fedora Lounge is a thread all about "man purses"

The two I have are rather modern looking Swiss Army "Field Packs" so I didn't bother posting to it. However the other day at Target I saw this larger canvas looking messenger bag on clearance for $15 and thought it would go well with my new military styled jacket.

DSC09532.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

I like that jacket. Where'd you get it?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FL member (our daughter)-her outfit on July 4th

Here is a pic I took of our sweet Sarah (she just turned 15yo) at the Pardee House picnic. She is wearing my quasi- victorian/vintage-inspired Jessica McClintock dress (from 1992).
368896378.jpg

Here's the link to my thread in Events with more pics from this event. The Art Deco Society folks that attended sure turned out fabulously dressed for this!
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=825961#post825961

mike

Call Me a Cab
Mary said:
You're so handsome!
Makes me want to sew some white linen trousers. Would you tell me what kind of linen I should look for? The fabric looks smooth and not seethrough, which is the opposite of what I find here.

You have absolutely made my day :D

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Here I am in a picture that appeared in today's (July 5th) San Francisco Chronicle! I wearing my big hat, shown here with husband Chuck and our now 15yo daughter Sarah . Our almost 13yo son Daniel must have been busy turning the handle on an ice cream maker and sadly is not in this picture. A really fun afternoon we spent there as a family.
ba-fourth05_ph3_0500338980.jpg

That is one of the greatest photos ever!! You look like such a happy family.

Mind if I ask what your younger gentleman was wearing on the day?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Shangas! Our son is almost 13 now, and vintage is practically impossible to find for him... So we do vintage-inspired. For this event he wore a pair of dress trousers that had gotten short and I made into knickers to wear as an elf for the California Pops Orchestra Xmas Concert. Worn with a pair of my knee high socks, a blue and white striped dress shirt and a small golf cap (I need to find him a newsboy cap to be more period correct), dark dress shoes. He loves to wear dress clothes (and has two tuxedos already too) and is a Fred Astaire wannabe. He says he wants socks garters and an Art Deco wardrobe. No kidding.

Here is a picture of him taken with his sister playing badminton
368899090.jpg
and participating in the "Best Dressed Gentlemen" contest
368896373.jpg

Shangas said:
That is one of the greatest photos ever!! You look like such a happy family.

Mind if I ask what your younger gentleman was wearing on the day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe