Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
It is indeed. It's the jacket off an old CPO dress whites uniform.

Beautiful. Now I want one!

CPOjackets.jpg

Viola

Call Me a Cab
GWD, great straw boater, and you and your daughter (lovely looking girl, btw) look great together, I hope you had a wonderful time!

I remember going to the father-daughter square dances with Girl Scouts - we didn't do proms - and those memories are very dear to me.

donCarlos

Practically Family
All of you and your great outfits are making me think that my summer wardrobe is really insufficient.

Dinerman
Don´t you think that jacket is too short? I have several jackets of similar length and I don´t want to wear them unless I have a blessing from the FL :) Nevertheless, it looks good. You really created a style on your own.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
donCarlos said:
All of you and your great outfits are making me think that my summer wardrobe is really insufficient.

Dinerman
Don´t you think that jacket is too short? I have several jackets of similar length and I don´t want to wear them unless I have a blessing from the FL :) Nevertheless, it looks good. You really created a style on your own.
Thanks, donCarlos
If you look at the length of the sleeves in regards to the body in the illustration that thunderw21 posted, the sleeves are only slightly shorter than the body, which is about what mine are.
But it doesn't really matter. I dress more for my own enjoyment, than I do for what's proper. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't, but regardless, I have a great time with all of it.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
I dress more for my own enjoyment, than I do for what's proper. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't, but regardless, I have a great time with all of it.

That dear Sir is the definition of style and yours works much more often than it does not. I always enjoy your picture postings and love the way that you blend vintage elements into more modern attire. The net result is usually something very cool and never costumey. :cool2: :cool2:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:
...You can pull off anything Will...

Thanks, though I don't know about anything. I doubt I could pull off high heels nor do I wish to try. :p

Meant to post this in here yesterday but forgot.

Was experimenting with my safari jacket.
me126.jpg

LordBest

Practically Family
Cold out today:
ScarfChap.jpg

Federation IV
1940s Swiss Army greatcoat
Handknitted woolen scarf
The rest is relatively modern and unintersting.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
"fiery" gown today/CUFF Bracelet pic added...

Worn to volunteer for the California Pops Orchestra concert today. The guest artists were The Flying Karamazov Brothers. This is one of my favorite evening gowns, its vintage-inspired in its cut and detailing like a 1930s gown. Since the FKB couldn't do any fire juggling at the concerts last night or this afternoon- I wore this fire colored (orange-red) and brown, with brown and gold beaded silk chiffon and silk velvet dress. The fancy ruffled and ruched sections are all on the back of the dress, which is a nice surprise when seen from the rear view. Very simple jewelry as the dress is very dramatic, just earrings and a cuff bracelet. The ruby jewel and pearl earrings are from the Borghese Gallery in Italy. I also wore my favorite vintage-inspired Sorelli cuff bracelet with red jewels. Wore my nude color ballroom dance shoes with this dress.
365884164.jpg
365884170.jpg

365949714.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82