Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today. I've been running around the house in my Swirl dress but I suppose I should find some shoes!
3456798030_eb60185a5f.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:
Fleur, stunning! Are the trousers made from one of the EvaDress overall patterns, or are they purchased?

Thanks NickD! I missed this! I did buy them, but I believe that the girl who made them for me - who is a member here incidentally, Trouble MacKenzie - used the pattern as a base. But she is really skilled and so could make them to my measurements with the V-shaped from instead of the straight one (and could have put pockets in etc, if I'd wanted).

This is me today:
3456112827_7d04363fb0.jpg

It's only vintage inspired really. The booties are kind of 40s-ish as is my hair. So it's an amalgamation!

Audrey I love your Swirl! Which reminds me, I want to start a thread on that subject!

Brooksie

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
The films we saw in Palo Alto at the Stanford Theater were the 1928 silent "The Wind" starring Lillian Gish with accompaniment on the Mighty Wurlitzer and a Wurlitzer wind machine, along with the 1948 movie "Portrait of Jennie" with Joseph Cotten and Jennifer Jones with Lillian Gish is a cameo role.

Chuck had on his full WWII summer Army Air Corp Captain's uniform and Daniel had his stingy brim on with modern dress clothes. I had on all vintage clothes, hat, accessories and fur. DD Sarah wore the skirt and blouse made from vintage sewing patterns and her vintage stroller fur. We did get people commenting and admiring our clothes, and a few people started up conversations with us regarding the clothes as the starter.

OMG! How cool is this an entire vintage family... I love it.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
3457022708_3f9670f264.jpg

A blustery day, with summer close yet far away. The Fletcheration™ and Eastman Werber keep off the chill.
I wear the Werber a lot lately because it is unique, and because I'm trying to decide if it's too spare on me.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Brooksie...

Here is a pic of DH Chuck and I today dressed for the California Pops Orchestra "The Best of the Big Bands" concert- that our entire family volunteers for. This pic shows Chuck in his uniform, and I'm wearing a vintage straw tilt hat, dated to a wedding on April 19, 1941. The hat came to me within its original box.
361917052.jpg

ei
Brooksie said:
OMG! How cool is this an entire vintage family... I love it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
full length shot today

Here is a tightly cropped pic of just my entire outfit today. Sorry its not the best pic but its the only decent one I've got showing my whole outfit of those that were taken. DH, my usual photog didn't take these, our DD did- at the California Pops Orchestra concert.

Vintage pieces:
4/19/1941 straw tilt hat
1940s American Optical eyeglasses
clip earrings
black nylon/orlon "Tafredda" slip
dark brown corde' purse

New and new but vintage-inspired pieces:
fuchsia silk Anne Klein blouse
brown tweed wool Ralph Lauren skirt (was bought at the end of the season, originally $125.00 marked down to $19.99!-WOOHOO!)
pink above elbow gloves
Miriam Haskell pearl cuff
Playtex 18 hr brassierre
Flexees all in one undergarment
Rago Shapette long line long leg girdle
Hanes for Nordstrom stockings
Me too! drk brown shoes
361925526.jpg

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
Gijoe said:
- Panama Hat
- mytailor custom made shirt
- Polka dot ascot tie
- Black hollywood waist trouser
- Vintage halfbelt sport blazer, (a early sunday morning ebay bargain)
- enough time to play with Photoshop
- and hey Guys and gals in this forum, your style is great , and inspires me

:eusa_clap

Great outfit - the ascot really works well and looks fantastic.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
please see my other thread, and add your input...

Hello Gents and Ladies, y'all have such terrific pics of yourselves styled in your vintage and vintage inspired outfits and such that I would appreciate your input on this thread I just posted in the OB regarding using room(s) and our garden for use as the background for photos of our family wearing our vintage clothing.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=779918#post779918

Your feedback and input on this post would be most welcome!!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
This is me today:
3456112827_7d04363fb0.jpg

It's only vintage inspired really. The booties are kind of 40s-ish as is my hair. So it's an amalgamation!

Audrey I love your Swirl! Which reminds me, I want to start a thread on that subject![/QUOTE]

Fleur.. you always take my breathe away :)

funneman

Practically Family
Audrey Horne said:
It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today. I've been running around the house in my Swirl dress but I suppose I should find some shoes!
3456798578_033a72caae.jpg

I'd love to see this picture but it says "unavailable". Please upload again Audrey!

Maguire

Practically Family
I had to visit a Masjid for my Islam class at University and take a picture to prove i was there. I figured the folks here would appreciate what i was wearing.

04_20_09flushingmosque.jpg

My old gray three piece + the fed IV, some generic black trenchcoat. The rain really got the fed IV today so its brim is finally starting to shape up.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
funneman said:
I'd love to see this picture but it says "unavailable". Please upload again Audrey!
Hmm the picture seems to have disappeared. I edited the original post and changed the image to an nearly identical one :)
3456798030_eb60185a5f.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
same outfits as yesterday, but better pics!

DH and I were not satisfied with yesterday's pics taken at the Pops concert, so we wore the same again tonite at the Stanford Theater. Our almost 15yo DD Sarah took these pics.

Standing between original Fred & Ginger
film posters in the annex gallery of the Stanford Theater
362040827.jpg

closeup head shots
362040833.jpg

solo shot of Chuck in his WWII Army Air Corp Captain summer uniform
362040820.jpg

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Today I'm wearing a dress from Torrid from a couple years back, a sweater from Target, necklace from Target, bracelet and earrings made from vintage typewriter keys, and shoes by Madeline Stewart.

Here it all is:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe