Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Amazing style today and each day kools,

Great to see this amazing dated piece. Your style is incredible... thanks for sharing your pics with us all.

kools said:
P1020615.jpg

I don't believe Mr. Dugger ever wore this coat much, if at all. This thing is crisp!

kools

Practically Family
Thanks all for the many kind words. I also appreciate it when my clothes are dated; it takes out guess work.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Your face looks cute in pics,but I'd still like to meet you along with your cute face in person one of these days. Love the new haircut(the shirtdress really complements the look) and you are seriously tempting me to cut my own,but I'm just starting to make progress on growing out my pixie.

Aw, thanks!!! I would love to meet you one of these days, too. All the local FL ladies I have met have been so wonderful.

I picked up 7 shirtdresses last Saturday and I plan on wearing them to work - today I'm in modern clothing, though, because it is cooler and I didn't want to freeze in a cotton dress!

I go back & forth on my short hair - I'll grow it into a longer bob, then get it cut. I had a pixie when I first met my husband about 10 years ago.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
I was inspired by the Costume vs. Natural thread to wear this outfit thinking it to be quite costume-like. Now that I look at it in a photograph it doesn't appear all that absurd.
The skirt, from what I can tell, is handmade. I picked it up a few years ago at a thrift store.
The jacket and frilly top are vintage, not sure the year on either as neither have tags. However, both came from the same woman's closet and most of her things seem to date from the early forties through the early sixties. The jacket has become one of my favorites as I find its purple hue, the little gold crest and gold buttons quite charming.
IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
terrific ClaraB!!

You look like a million bucks, girlfriend! It look wonderful on you and NOT costumey- and I LOVE your hair:) Wow, is your house decorated in vintage style too? Please tell us about it. Very cool. You've obviously got a perfect backdrop for taking pics of yourself in vintage garb... The pic taken in front of the fireplace is inspiring- pardon me if I steal this idea;)

ClaraB said:
I was inspired by the Costume vs. Natural thread to wear this outfit thinking it to be quite costume-like. Now that I look at it in a photograph it doesn't appear all that absurd.

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ClaraB said:

Amazing look!! That jacket is fuelling my love for the equestrian look, it is positively drool worthy!

And to top it all of, I have been wishing I was aredhead for a little while now and there you go displaying the perfect red hair.

Le Sigh.

just_me

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
ClaraB - I started the costume vs. natural thread and you don't look like you're wearing a costume at all. You look great.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much to Diamondback, BruceTracy, Lefty, and Pip for the kind words! You sure know how to make a girl blush!

Just_me- Thank you! As was discussed in the Costume vs Natural thread it is a lot about attitude. The outfit made me feel awkward so I figured that it looked as it felt. Now after this confidence boost from the Lounge, I don't think I'll have to worry about that again. :)

Cherry Lips- You are a hoot! Thank you!

Darhling- I hadn't seen the equestrian appeal of this jacket had until you mentioned it! I'd also say go for the red hair, it is a lot of fun!

chanteuseCarey said:
Wow, is your house decorated in vintage style too? Please tell us about it. Very cool. You've obviously got a perfect backdrop for taking pics of yourself in vintage garb... The pic taken in front of the fireplace is inspiring- pardon me if I steal this idea
Thanks for noticing! My place is a mash up of modern and vintage pieces, it kind of has a life size collage feel to it. I'm lucky enough to live in an apartment in an old victorian mansion so the space is full of great architectural details. Sadly, I'm going to be moving out soon but I plan to take pictures before I do so. Perhaps I'll share them in the "show us your vintage home" thread.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My early morning Safari outfit...

Function over Fashion in this case when taking the boys out over the fields and woodland each morning. My Aussie Rabbit Felt hat (bullets bounce off this baby), which is great protection from sun, rain, snow..etc. But I do seem to blend into the background somewhat with this gear (it doesn't show the dirt up and is pretty robust when going through thorn bushes, climbing over barbed wire fencing..etc). This is from a few days ago, but is the basic uniform for the morning routine at 6am..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe