Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Workwear last week. Topped with a brown fedora.
DSC04471.jpg

DSC04468.jpg

Feraud, Looks like it was cold where you work! Nice tweed jacket and wool tie. Very clean!

=Adrian=

JEEP

Practically Family
Clipper: Thank you. Just wait untill it gets a new crystal, a hand polish, a mild cleanup of the dial and the crown replaced with an original one :)

Todays attire for work:

140408.jpg

Striped off-white/beige drivers cap in linen
White dress shirt
50s or 60s brown and orange tie
Gray woolen knitted vest
Khaki wool trousers
Brown leather belt

Manchetknapper10.jpg

20s brass and mop snap-links

Test_revue_02.jpg

Re-edition 30s Revue (Thommen) sports watch (I'm getting an original from the early 40s soon).

/Jakob

Feraud

Bartender
=Clipper= said:
Feraud, Looks like it was cold where you work! Nice tweed jacket and wool tie. Very clean!

=Adrian=
Not too cold but enjoyable spring weather. I am trying to enjoy my wool sportcoats before the weather turns warm.
Here is the same sport coat with a different shirt/tie combo.
DSC04450.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Pretty much 100% back from illness today, as I predicted! The weekend did me good, but was of course too short.

Sage SB 3B ventless suit
Jos. Abboud multi-colored striped spread collar French-cuff shirt (green predominant)
XMI bright flame-red patterned tie
Slender gold tie chain
Red/gold patterned silk pocket square, points up
Red mini-carnation, right lapel
Waterman red marble gold-capped ballpoint pen, shirt breast pocket
Vintage Hickok gold wrap cufflinks (pretty "Rat Pack"!)
BB navy/red striped braces
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Armani Mania cologne
JAB navy patterned OTC socks
Cole-Haan burgundy pinch-buckle loafers
Vintage Champ light brown short-brim fedora with wide black band, feather
Vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
I *wish* I could wear vintage but anytime I do anything vintage (wear clothes, do my hair, makeup, or even listen to music) my mother gets upset with me and criticizes and condemns me :( how can I get her to accept this? it really sucks...

metropd

One Too Many
jtcarrey said:
I *wish* I could wear vintage but anytime I do anything vintage (wear clothes, do my hair, makeup, or even listen to music) my mother gets upset with me and criticizes and condemns me :( how can I get her to accept this? it really sucks...

Do it till she gets use to it.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Not too cold but enjoyable spring weather. I am trying to enjoy my wool sportcoats before the weather turns warm.
Here is the same sport coat with a different shirt/tie combo.
DSC04450.jpg

Great combinations Feraud. It's pretty funny, Im doing the same, too, with my clothes! What I Should have done was look for the linens in the winter and be ready for the summer :eusa_doh:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Clipper, your outfits are always very clean-lined and well fitting. The perfect 1940s/early 1950s look if you ask me!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
jtcarrey said:

jtcarrey, it saddens me to hear this from not only you, but from other people I've met before. It's like they see something totally wrong with dressing nice! Not to get in your personal life, but for me, I feel that how I dress is a little more appropriate and less provocative of anything related to drugs, violence and whatnot that's going on in the world. If anything, your family should be proud you dress nice!

Like metropd put it, just do it 'till she's used to it. Or, better yet, 'till she sees everyone else's reaction and comes to the realization she raised a considerate and well rounded old-fashioned gal!

=Adrian=

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
metropd said:
Do it till she gets use to it.

ah I can only wish, today she told me that I looked old cuz I was wearing a dress, and it was a dress I bought at TARGET this year, like what?? she said I'd look more feminine (and attractive in men's eyes) in shorts and a tank top.... I just don't get it lol

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
=Clipper= said:
jtcarrey, it saddens me to hear this from not only you, but from other people I've met before. It's like they see something totally wrong with dressing nice! Not to get in your personal life, but for me, I feel that how I dress is a little more appropriate and less provocative of anything related to drugs, violence and whatnot that's going on in the world. If anything, your family should be proud you dress nice!

Like metropd put it, just do it 'till she's used to it. Or, better yet, 'till she sees everyone else's reaction and comes to the realization she raised a considerate and well rounded old-fashioned gal!

=Adrian=

sighs yea.... well she just thinks vintage clothes are gross cuz they're old and used, not to mention, she hated that my grandma always wore dresses and heels, even in the house, in her 80's!! so yea, maybe I just remind her of my grandma lol and she'd hate that ;) well I need more dresses anyway, I don't have much to my wardrobe, I used to wear tank tops all the time cuz I get hot very easily but I wasn't always comfortable in them cuz I hate looking like everyone else and I hate tanning and burning at the same time lol so yea, I'm glad I found a group of friends that appreciate real feminine beauty, so nertz to her opinions! hahaha

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jtcarrey said:
ah I can only wish, today she told me that I looked old cuz I was wearing a dress, and it was a dress I bought at TARGET this year, like what?? she said I'd look more feminine (and attractive in men's eyes) in shorts and a tank top.... I just don't get it lol

As the father of three daughters I can guarantee you that I'll support them wearing dresses anytime over shorts and a tank top.

This is feminine:

hepburnkellyoe4.jpg

Miss JT, there's another possibility--it might not be about you at all, but possibly if your mother and grandmother had some kind of problem, then your mother might be seeing your choice of style as a reminder... either that or, some people just can't stand the idea of someone else doing anything better in any way than they do--heck, my folks pitched a fit when I started my little "MacArthur Restyle", and they still occasionally give me flak about it even five years on! Perhaps you might try explaining that "anyone can be sleazy, trashy or unrefined, but it takes real effort to be a lady--and clothes do make the person, after all..."

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
Miss JT, there's another possibility--it might not be about you at all, but possibly if your mother and grandmother had some kind of problem, then your mother might be seeing your choice of style as a reminder... either that or, some people just can't stand the idea of someone else doing anything better in any way than they do--heck, my folks pitched a fit when I started my little "MacArthur Restyle", and they still occasionally give me flak about it even five years on! Perhaps you might try explaining that "anyone can be sleazy, trashy or unrefined, but it takes real effort to be a lady--and clothes do make the person, after all..."

hmmmm yea, maybe I do remind her of her mom, she HATESSSSSSSSS Glenn Miller btw, :rage: :eek: :rage: :eek: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU HATE GLENN MILLER!! LOL! Seriously though, maybe she just wants me to be boring like everyone else, so like I said, nertz to that, I'll just do what I want as long as I can get away with it, afterall I'm too old to be bossed around by her now hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe