Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's some of what I've been wearing the past week up in Maine and Halifax.
IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Today I'm wearing a stylish multicolor ensemble, complete with a rubberized canvas hood and matching boots, color-coordinated vest, and matching accoutrements. All of the buttons and other hardware are matching black metal. The cut is somewhat bulky, but it is eminently practical in case of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear event. It's what everyone is wearing this season (at least where I am)!

ORI.jpg

Djupis

One of the Regulars
Mojave Jack said:
Today I'm wearing a stylish multicolor ensemble, complete with a rubberized canvas hood and matching boots, color-coordinated vest, and matching accoutrements. All of the buttons and other hardware are matching black metal. The cut is somewhat bulky, but it is eminently practical in case of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear event. It's what everyone is wearing this season (at least where I am)!

What, no pocket square!?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
It's hidden under the gas mask hood! I tried my best to accesorize, ensuring that I had a black sling for my rifle, for example, and I think it came out pretty good. The M8 chemical agent detection tape clashes somewhat, though, I'm afraid.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I woke up today thinking that the weather would be perfect for my barn coat, which I haven't worn since the fall. So:

Woodsman tan barn coat with plaid lining, brown corduroy collar and sleeve trim
Levi's 529 light denim low-rise "straight leg" jeans (although these are called straight leg, the leg openings are actually a wide 22")
Old Navy blue plaid button-down shirt (had this for years, still looks nice)
Black jeans belt
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (Left wrist)
Black ribbed OTC socks
Dan Post black leather pointy-toe cowboy boots

I thought of maybe wearing one of my cowboy hats to top the outfit off, but that was a little more theatric than I wanted to be on a low-key Saturday.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since I have a gig...

I am wearing a long black satin evening gown with a matching jacket (fake early 30s, custom couture by Theresa LaQuey), my favorite fake-Cartier tutti frutti jewelry, black and silver Lulu Guiness high heels, and a LOT of makeup.
Sorry, my computer and my camera are not speaking to each other...grrr.
Mojave Jack, I love your outfit. Perfect for those occasions when you just don't know what disaster awaits.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:

ORI.jpg

I like the cut of that jacket. More info?

Copper

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
Here's some of what I've been wearing the past week up in Maine and Halifax.
IMG_0755.jpg

Great photos!

That looks like a bottle of Maudite you have there - I am not normally a fan of the ales of Quebec, but that one I make an exception for.

metropd

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:

ORI.jpg

lol lol lol lol Get with 2008. US Army woodland camo was sssooooo early 2000's..... get wit the Digital. It's Super for neutralizing a threat, collateral damage, taking the blame for what the brass does, or even just carrying out some good old fashion collective punishment.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A stroller-inspired look today.

*1960s Champ with a center crease and no dents
*Burberrys DB jacket (it's too big for me and I hate it)
*Modern Arrow shirt
*Black suspenders
*1930s tie
*1930s vest
*vintage watch chain
*Modern trousers
*Modern black dress shoes

stroller001.jpg

stroller002.jpg

watchchain.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
I like the cut of that jacket. More info?
Standard Battle Dress Overgarment (BDO). It's cut to fit like your average prison work outfit, with handy pockets in places you can't ever reach. It also has the distinct advantage of being lined with charcoal to neutralize the above mentioned chemical, biological, or radiological contaminants. The really nice part of the suit? At the end of the day you are completely covered in a thick layer of charcoal, and look like you just came out of a coal mine. I should have gotten a couple pics of that, but I was so anxious to get out of that suit I couldn't have taken the 30 extra seconds to snap a pic!

metropd said:
lol lol lol Get with 2008. US Army woodland camo was sssooooo early 2000's..... get wit the Digital. It's Super for neutralizing a threat, collateral damage, taking the blame for what the brass does, or even just carrying out some good old fashion collective punishment.
Too true! Even in the woodland camo I have the old suit. Everyday as I tried to wash off the charcoal, I thought longingly of the new JLIST suit (Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology). While still in a woodland pattern, just as hot and poorly fit, at least it doesn't leave a trail of charcoal every where you go.

I kid you not, my suit had so much charcoal that by the end of the exercise I couldn't zip the pant cuff down entirely because I had a donut of charcoal gathered at the bottom of the legs! I'm still trying to get charcoal out of gear, the laptop keyboard, my ears...

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
A very typical Sunday morning/early afternoon for me (I am a creature of routine):

Picked up Snackwells at local MotoMart
Coffee (Seattle Roast) for an hour at Atlanta Bread Company (reading Trollope's Can You Forgive Her?)
Lunch at Qdoba ("Naked Burrito" -- simply rice, chicken, mixed beans -- no cheese, sauce, etc.) (switch book to Fitzgerald's Tender Is the Night)
Visit to my pals at Appleton's Joseph A. Bank store (picked up two pairs of clearance OTC socks today)
Visit to my tanning place to improve my coloration

Here's the outfit for that agenda:

Pendleton dark green blackwatch plaid SB 2B single-vent sportcoat
Pal Zileri black gabardine dress trousers, plain bottoms
Jos. A. Bank white button-down shirt, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
White cotton pocket square, rectangular fold
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Black genuine crocodile belt with gold buckle
Black diamond-patterned OTC socks
Bally sleek black penny loafers

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe