Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you cooking for Christmas - your traditional foods?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Maybe not traditional for Christmas, but definitely a traditional American meal.

BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, apple pie. Yum!
4213367671_cec1176854.jpg

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
The Italian side of the family cooked this year:

Anti Pasti
Prosciutto, salami, artichoke hearts, stuffed olives, preserved peppers stuffed with anchovie and capers.

Primo
Hand made pasta filled with spinach and ricoota in walnut, nutmeg & cream sauce.

Secondi
Turkey breast, prosciutto and omellete rolled into a spiral pattern and sliced (very pretty)
Roast potatoes
pigs in blankets (to appease the English folk)

Dessert
Lemon sorbet with Limoncello.
Genoa cake, walnuts in dates, marron glace, honey and pistachio nougat.

We had the 'English' turkey dinner on Boxing Day, the starter was hot potted shrimp, you know the rest. Not to be shown up we made the stuffing, cranberry sauce, bread sauce, christmas pud, christmas cake and mincemeat all from scratch :)

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
We did something different this year and had Goose. It turned out to be very good. Maybe a new Christmas tradition at the house?

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I attended an almost traditional Ukrainian Sviata Vechera dinner on Christmas eve.

Bread
Honey
Garlic

Barley
Manchaca (mushrooms)
Potatoes

Green Peas
Beans
Sauerkraut

Kielbasa (instead of the traditional fish--though I didn't eat any because I am a vegetarian)
Perogies
Dried Fruit

I had a traditional Mexican Christmas meal...tamales (yum) and gorditas (blech!), since I went to my neighbor's house. Though my mom came over with a large shopping bag full of homemade sweets. The highlight was her lemon bars and pound-cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld