Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What’s a fair price for a good Cal jacket?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Straight zip, beautiful leather, actually wearable size; this checks off a lot of boxes.

The flip side is whether it's still worth it after VAT and postage.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I saw this straight Cal on eBay and it’s my size. I also like the fur collar! But buying for it to be sent to UK has helfty duties and postage. Asking price is 625 USD plus like 120 shipping and duties.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25663445...dECUgLpTcK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

What would you guys pay for a Cal of this condition?
After reviewing the newer pit to pit images, the jacket is in the 42-44 size range. The price is a little in the expensive side. Is it ok to wait for such a jacket to show up in the Uk? The jacket looks like a 70-80's model to me. Nothing too special. Have you reached in to this forum to see if anyone is selling the straight zip in the UK? I love Cal's, but Al's are not bad either, for about 40% lower than Cals. Have you considered them before? I have never paid so much for a straight zip Cal. Before. Well, not that particular Cal model, LOL.

Last edited:
Isn’t that seller a TFLer?

Is there a label in the jacket? I’d pay that much if it was a red label. Anything else can likely be had for less. That said, it’s a beauty, with the collar etc etc. I totally understand the Cal allure too.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I saw this straight Cal on eBay and it’s my size. I also like the fur collar! But buying for it to be sent to UK has helfty duties and postage. Asking price is 625 USD plus like 120 shipping and duties.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25663445...dECUgLpTcK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

What would you guys pay for a Cal of this condition?

It's not unreasonable. Cal Leather is expensive new, $1500+.

This one is in good condition and a desirable size.

Cheap Cal is usually thrashed cracked, and dry rotted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider