Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Thanks, HJ. I didn't care much for the mule kick at first, either. It kinda grew on me, though.
The times I tried it I liked it from the back but from a side view you couldn't really see what was going on & it just looked like a flat spot to the hat. Being taller I thought how most people probably saw it, as a flat spot.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The times I tried it I liked it from the back but from a side view you couldn't really see what was going on & it just looked like a flat spot to the hat. Being taller I thought how most people probably saw it, as a flat spot.
Kinda looks like part of it's cut off in the back. But, being taller, most people probably can't see that high up to notice. ;)

ryan_289

Familiar Face
Not sure if this is the right place but I may be looking for someone to do some hat work for me. Ever since loosing the auction for this hat
1ff372444aee6297de6a4eda94ec7cf0.jpg

I've been itching for something similar. I want that rich brown color but I think I would prefer more of a lighter buckskin ribbon and binding. If I found a regular vi the brown hat who can cut a brim to 3 or 3.5" and sew the binding on and change the ribbon?

Or the other option is full on custom. Not sure which way works out best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RJR

I'm guessing that it will be cheaper to modify an existing hat if you can find the size and color.Any number of the
Lounge hatters could do the ribbon and binding.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Seeing David bring out his Bandera straw reminded me that back in the fall I picked up this old Bailey. Built on a 3-1/2 x 6" I really liked the look. It needs a little cleaning & straightening up. I'd like to change the pug to a Native American print if anyone knows of a source. I've researched how to make one but I don't think I'm domesticated enough (as Hank Jr sang, "...most of us have been penned up but I'm still runnin' wild"). If I can do that I have an imitation eagle feather for it. If not I'll probably look for a leather hatband.

2v1kf7t.jpg

345kfeo.jpg

97ry4p.jpg
Another nice straw Jack. Got parrot feathers if the eagle doesn't land.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Not sure if this is the right place but I may be looking for someone to do some hat work for me. Ever since loosing the auction for this hat
1ff372444aee6297de6a4eda94ec7cf0.jpg

I've been itching for something similar. I want that rich brown color but I think I would prefer more of a lighter buckskin ribbon and binding. If I found a regular vi the brown hat who can cut a brim to 3 or 3.5" and sew the binding on and change the ribbon?

Or the other option is full on custom. Not sure which way works out best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Try giving a call to Mike Miller at The Northwest Hat Co. He could do something for you. At least you could talk to him and figure out your options. His prices are pretty decent too...

http://www.northwesthats.com/contact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82